Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Bodybuilding > Beginner Bodybuilding

Beginner Bodybuilding New to bodybuilding? Need some advice? Post here!

Old 19-Oct-03, 07:11 PM   #1
Decapitate

Angry

I have 2 problems when I run, #1 Pain , #2 Poo

hehe I made #2 poo for a reason.

Butt I new to these forums, hello everyone.

I have been running for the past 2 months to try lose some wait, and it has worked great so far. Starting at a mile, and I have worked my way up to 3 miles.

Just a week ago, I was running, and not even 1/10th of the way of the first mile, my left side started hurting quite badly. Right under the ribcage.

This is just completly randomn, and now I can run a mile, butt as soon as I hit the mile marker, BOOM, it comes, and starts hurting like crazy.

And NO, I don't eat prior to running, and have been doing the same thing for the whole time. Except I did some particulary brutal sit-ups a few days before, I think that has nothing to do with it.

for some odd reason, every time I run, I FEEL LIKE A GOTTA POOP LIKE CRAZY.

The thing is, I have tried to poo right before running, and I still feel like I gotta poo.

It comes and goes as I run, butt when it does come, I FEEL LIKE EVERY STEP I TAKE THERE IS ABOUT TO BE A CHOCOLATE PRISONER EXCAPING!!!!!?!?!?/11

Anybody, please give me suggestions about the following problems.
Decapitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Oct-03, 10:40 PM   #2
Kenny

lol

well, the solution to number one is probably just learning to breathe more deeply when you run. it'll get easier in time.

as for number two... um... maybe you just have gas? let a few squirts out... if it turns out to be a "chocolate prisoner", well... hopefully, you won't bump into anybody on the way back.
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Oct-03, 04:15 AM   #3
2Scoops

Problem 1 sounds like your are exercising beyond your lactate threshold - don't run so fast until you build up more fitness.

Problem 2 - can't help sorry!!
2Scoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Oct-03, 04:24 AM   #4
IronMan

#1 is a stitch and can be helped as Kenny suggested -- proper breathing.

#2 may be gas or it may be more. Do you have a bowel movement when you get home from running? If so, try and change your schedule -- eat more fruits and veggies, increase your fiber intake and such. The "poop" problem is common with runners.
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Oct-03, 06:41 AM   #5
2Scoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
#1 is a stitch and can be helped as Kenny suggested -- proper breathing.
A stitch is usually caused by eating too close to the start of your run - is this the case??
2Scoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Oct-03, 08:12 AM   #6
Tear

Send a message via MSN to Tear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Scoops
A stitch is usually caused by eating too close to the start of your run - is this the case??
I have no advice to give. But I find this thread extremely funny.
Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Oct-03, 08:23 AM   #7
Symzie

Always drive the porcelain bus before working out, especially if you have one waiting in the departure lounge.
Symzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Oct-03, 10:32 AM   #8
PoorBoyTek

Send a message via Yahoo to PoorBoyTek
#1: Breath
#2: Cork
Old 20-Oct-03, 10:37 AM   #9
IronMan

LOL at PoorBoy!
Old 20-Oct-03, 03:08 PM   #10
Decapitate

Well, why would it just start now?

I think I am breathing fine......

I Guess I will just contintue to run in till it hurts. If it continues I will go for more drastic measures, like the doctor or something.

As for the poo,

Well, I might try letting all the prisoners loose one day while running if it pisses me off enough, and, keep trying different stuff.

Maybe if I clean my self out for a few days with nothing butt apple juice, Prune Juice, and nana's Laxies it will fix the prob.

Thanks
Old 20-Oct-03, 05:23 PM   #11
Lucino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decapitate
hehe I made #2 poo for a reason.

Butt I new to these forums, hello everyone.

I have been running for the past 2 months to try lose some wait, and it has worked great so far. Starting at a mile, and I have worked my way up to 3 miles.

Just a week ago, I was running, and not even 1/10th of the way of the first mile, my left side started hurting quite badly. Right under the ribcage.

This is just completly randomn, and now I can run a mile, butt as soon as I hit the mile marker, BOOM, it comes, and starts hurting like crazy.

And NO, I don't eat prior to running, and have been doing the same thing for the whole time. Except I did some particulary brutal sit-ups a few days before, I think that has nothing to do with it.

for some odd reason, every time I run, I FEEL LIKE A GOTTA POOP LIKE CRAZY.

The thing is, I have tried to poo right before running, and I still feel like I gotta poo.

It comes and goes as I run, butt when it does come, I FEEL LIKE EVERY STEP I TAKE THERE IS ABOUT TO BE A CHOCOLATE PRISONER EXCAPING!!!!!?!?!?/11

Anybody, please give me suggestions about the following problems.
How much water do you intake before the run? Were they extremely cold?
I notice if I drink a lot of water right before I run, I definitely need to stop sometimes and go pee, and sometimes yeah, I do feel pain somewhere around my liver.

Don't drink anything before you run or while you run, see if this problem still exist.

my 2 cents

Lucino
Lucino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Oct-03, 06:24 PM   #12
Decapitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucino
How much water do you intake before the run? Were they extremely cold?
I notice if I drink a lot of water right before I run, I definitely need to stop sometimes and go pee, and sometimes yeah, I do feel pain somewhere around my liver.

Don't drink anything before you run or while you run, see if this problem still exist.

my 2 cents

Lucino
Well, I usta drink about a normal sized bottle before running, and the other half after, today I only drank a sip though, cuz I was thinkin the same thing.

It hurt almost Imeddiatly. I still ran like, 3 miles, despite the pain, cuz I was so pissed, it gave me the anger to continue.

And I stretched and didn't eat and followed all the rules, and I still get shut down
Old 20-Oct-03, 11:23 PM   #13
mattjf

Okay, I'm a runner and have experienced almost every running problem there is.

Problem 1: The stitch can be caused by a couple different things. A stitch is a spasm of the diaphragm caused by poor breathing, running after eating, and some believe dehydration. I usually get a stitch when running if I haven't been drinking enough water. It's the only time I get one. Try breathing deep, expanding your belly until it goes away. Then start breathing with a cadence. Some people only breath when their left foot strikes, other like to breath in deep, and exhale sharply a couple times, etc. Another way to fix the problem is to take your fingers and stick them right into the spot that hurts and push. This can get the diaphragm to relax.

Problem 2: 20-40% or runners have this problem. Theres no known reason for it. Some think it's all the sloshing around of stuff, but a more scientific explanation is that running causes a rise in hormones that get the digestive system moving. It could also be caused by dehydration. Only tips I have for you is make sure you are getting enough water. Try and use the bathroom before you go out running. I've also read that a majority of cases are actually caused by a very slight lactose intolerance and that running can agrevate it. Try cutting back on dairy before a run.

Perhaps since both conditions can be caused by dehydration, you actually are dehydrated.

You should drink water all day long, and before a run. If it's a long run you should take in a sports drink.

-Matt
mattjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Oct-03, 11:29 PM   #14
Tear

Send a message via MSN to Tear
Yeah Decap, that's what i was thinking. Next time you feel that **** coming on, just let it go man
Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Oct-03, 04:28 AM   #15
IronMan

Good advice, Matt. What kind of running are you into? 5K? 10K? More? Less? I used to run but traded it in for the weights. My testosterone levels are much higher now than they were back then. Only thing I really miss is the LSD on Saturday mornings....

Tags
apple juice, digestive system, fiber intake, lactose intolerance, swiss ball

You may also search for:

People searched for this, also searched for these:

shoulder joint pops everytime I rotate it