Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Nutrition and Supplementation > Diet and Nutrition

Diet and Nutrition Discuss the best diets for both losing and gaining weight. Sub forum: Related Recipes

Old 04-Jan-03, 12:48 AM   #1
Junkbox

Question

my fingers are turning green!!!

what the hell do i do?! my fingers have a very light shade of green and look slightly pale. its hard to see but wen you look at them hard enough you can definetally tell. also, one of my fingers (right index finger) has a little "pins-and-needles" feeling in it; and looks slightly swolen but i doubt that part. anyway....wtf do i do...its scarin the hell outta me...thanx
Junkbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-Jan-03, 03:02 AM   #2
Cougar

Send a message via AIM to Cougar
Have you gotten frostbite or been in a situation lately where you might have?

In any case, get thy butt to thy doctor ASAP. I'm not sure what that is, but it does NOT sound good.
Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-Jan-03, 02:08 PM   #3
riversCT

gangreen......... get to the doc b4 it spreads. I am no doctor but i have seen a lot of episodes of 'ER' so that qualifies me to diagnose everyone with any problem ever
riversCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-Jan-03, 05:31 PM   #4
Gearhead

Hey Junkbox!
If anything on my body turned green I would not even take the time to write anyone on this forum.Although we are the smartest group of people in the world........I would see a doc!
let us know what disease you have..joking sorry that wasnt funny...
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-Jan-03, 09:29 PM   #5
blacklbl

Re: my fingers are turning green!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Junkbox
what the hell do i do?! my fingers have a very light shade of green and look slightly pale. its hard to see but wen you look at them hard enough you can definetally tell. also, one of my fingers (right index finger) has a little "pins-and-needles" feeling in it; and looks slightly swolen but i doubt that part. anyway....wtf do i do...its scarin the hell outta me...thanx
that happened to me when i went swimming in my pool a couple days ago, I have to get used to the freezing cold for BUD/S, so I went swimming in my water when it was 63 degrees. It got really hard to breath in the water and felt like something was squeezing me, I should have gotten out. But, instead, I stayed in and did my laps and shivered like hell. My hands and feet looked like that, as well as some of my face, when I got out, but then again, I'm already extremely pale (I was born 3 months early, so I have a melanin deficiency). I got pneumonia (i have no idea how to spell that word) from it. (I was in the pool for about 40 minutes or so, a little longer). If you get a strange back pain, then you definately have pneumonia (bad spelling again), and it isn't really you'r back, it's you'r lung. You might notice it when you caugh, extremely painfull (ive got it right now). If you do, see a doctor immediately. The green color (from what I was told) isn't really green, it's a blueish color, it's from a lack of blood flow. Cut the circulation off to you'r hand and you'll see it do it again. Sort of like when you get red from sunburns about an hour after being in the sun for a while, it's from the extreme flow of blood to you'r skin there to repair you'r stupid ass for being in the sun for too long. Or when you have a sunburn and you press on a part of you'r skin, it gets really white, thats it again. OK, im just babbling now, go see a damn doctor man, don't ask a forum why you'r hands are green, lol.

Last edited by blacklbl; 05-Jan-03 at 09:33 PM.
blacklbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-Jan-03, 10:24 AM   #6
McScruff69

Send a message via AIM to McScruff69
either stop picking ur nose or stop fingering the Green Giant's wife
McScruff69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood flow