Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Bodybuilding > General Bodybuilding

General Bodybuilding Forum for intermediate and experienced bodybuilders to learn and give advice.

Old 18-Apr-06, 12:52 PM   #1
service

Talking

How to get chest line?

Hi all, how's it going. I was wondering what easy exercises can I do to get the muscle line down the middle on my chest or like they have a definite shape, in other words sexy chest. I'm 15 years old, 5'8, and 134 Lb. You think pushups? or any ideas anyone? THANKs
Old 18-Apr-06, 12:55 PM   #2
maverick
missin the gym

low bodyfat and adequate muscle mass will achieve that look. No specific exercise does it.
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Apr-06, 12:56 PM   #3
service

So can you suggest some exerices? Simple ones I mean.
Old 18-Apr-06, 01:10 PM   #4
maverick
missin the gym

What does the rest of your workout schedule look like? What days do you work which muscles? What is your diet like? How long have you been working out?
Old 18-Apr-06, 03:34 PM   #5
MAURER
Dr. Huge

Send a message via AIM to MAURER
the shape of your chest depends on genetics. now the more you work your chest the more full it will become. the best chest excercises are pressing movements. so basically... do a lot of pressing movements and thats going to make your chest look as full and as defined as possible.
MAURER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Apr-06, 03:58 PM   #6
CROWLER

Yep what those guys said. You can see guys who have almost no muscle and have the line. Then you can see guys with ALOT of muscle, low BF and still no muscle. I am trying to remember the BB that was like that I THINK it was Boyer Coe.

BTW hey Mavrick are you the Maverick from PM?

CROWLER
CROWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Apr-06, 09:32 PM   #7
.V.

Specific exercises for building chest. Bench press, Incline Bench Press, Decline Bench Press, Dumbell Bench Press, Dumbell flyes - done on the bench. Don't do them all, pick 2 or 3 and do them heavy.
Old 18-Apr-06, 11:00 PM   #8
rehan

i recommend doin pushups, all of them incline / decline/ flat/ knuckle whever u get the time
rehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Apr-06, 01:23 AM   #9
fitricise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehan
i recommend doin pushups, all of them incline / decline/ flat/ knuckle whever u get the time
gotta add weight at some point

http://www.fitnecise.net
fitricise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Apr-06, 08:28 AM   #10
.V.

http://www.discussfitness.com/forums/314401-post15.html

Go there, watch the video. Chest work purely for mass building is well described. I hope you are on a fast connection.

Sadly, no matter what we do, some of us just don't build the pecs easily. Oh well, gotta keep trying.
Old 19-Apr-06, 09:07 AM   #11
service

well, my workouts are not very organised. I work out 2 or 3 times a week. I mainly work on biceps, chest, and shoulders. I eat ALOT of carbs and chicken ( protien). I take whey protien after every workout. I play basketball, then workout everytime. But I am seeing results. Plus I'm 15 years old, so just started working out seriously a couple of months ago.

Last edited by service; 19-Apr-06 at 09:15 AM.
service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Apr-06, 09:21 AM   #12
maverick
missin the gym

Had a feeling. You need to be working out ALL your muscles, not just a few. You are severely limiting your gains and causing muscle imbalances, which will inhibit performance and lead to injury. Trust me, start working your whole body and you'll start to notice a real difference. Get organized and take it seriously. A half-assed workout schedule will get half-assed results. Can you list throughout the day (times and meals) what you eat?
Old 19-Apr-06, 12:11 PM   #13
nitromoose
I need a title!

Not sure about the rest of you but I think mine definitely came with age. I worked my chest like crazy when I was younger but it only became fuller in my late teens so you may have to be patient
Old 19-Apr-06, 08:18 PM   #14
service

Well, mainly I wake up for school at 5:30 and eat some cereal and lowfat milk. Then when I get to school, I eat a chicken buscuit with some milk. I wait till lunch at 12:20 and eat a chicken sandwich, with a hashbrown, milk, and some apple juice. Then when I get home at 3:00 PM, I eat whatever my mom cooked, which contains lots of rice and vegies. Since I get so bored at home, I start snacking on anything I got, especially peanut butter. About 8:00 or so, I eat another small meal just to keep my self happy. and it starts over again. Now on weekends, Morning a cup of milk and some cookies. Then some rice and stu at 1:20 PM. Then I snack on whatever is left. Then at 8:00 PM or so, I eat a pretty good meal, full of meat and carbs. That's pretty much it. Can you tell me different exercises I can do on different days, because I am new to the names of the exercies and I'm 15 years old.
Old 20-Apr-06, 09:46 AM   #15
.V.

My suggestion would be to go to http://www.ast-ss.com/max-ot/max-ot_intro.asp you have to register but it is free. The workout there is called Max OT. It is a very good starting place. It teaches one to workout like a beginner, make workouts effective in a short amount of time, and actually get results. At your age, you have a real anabolic advantage so it is a good time to start getting bigger and stronger. It's good that you aren't waiting until getting old and fat to start out. Study the workout plans outlined there, learn the exercises from there, start a journal here to keep track of your progress and any specific questions you have, just ask them. Someone will try to answer them.

Some will say that's too advanced of a workout for a beginner. That's silly, it's a beginners workout and it teaches people who have "learned a lot" to unlearn some of the "advanced" things that are hindering their progress. I've actually started my wife on it who is mature and not in shape. I started both of my children on variations of it too - as beginners. There have been no ill effects other than some sorness when they first started. They are all healthier for it now. Interestingly enough, when I changed myself from a 300 pound fat slob with it to what I am now, some of the high school wrestlers and football players asked me about my workout. I explained max ot to them and now the coaches in the weightroom have everyone that lifts at the high school on that plan. Our wrestlers and football team kicks butt. So do the girls on the track and field team, the basketball teams - everyone who goes into that weight room.

Something to think about.

Good luck and best wishes for your training.

Tags
apple juice, bench press, chest routine, chicken sandwich, decline bench, decline bench press, dumbell bench, dumbell bench press, dumbell flyes, football player, football players, football team, incline bench, incline bench press, low bf, low body, low bodyfat, mass building, muscle mass, play basketball, pressing movements, specific exercise, specific exercises, wait till