Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Female Fitness

Female Fitness Forum specifically for women to learn and share advice.

Old 23-May-07, 03:16 PM   #1
mangotango

Does anyones shoe size change as they gain and lose weight?

I am not sure if this is an odd question because I am not sure if this only happens to me or if it completely normal and it happens to everyone. But, when you gain and lose weight, does your shoe size change? The reason I am asking is, I had these shoes shipped to me a few weeks ago and I thought that they were tight when I first tried them on but then when I wore them the other day and they fit perfectly. I have lost weight in the past few weeks, so I think this has to be the reason that they fit now. I am so happy they do because I love them! Does this happen to anyone else?? Is there a chance that my shoe size will go down a whole size if I keep losing?
mangotango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-May-07, 04:22 PM   #2
LINDA

Funny you should mention this. Although my shoe size hasn't changed, I could swear that I am lacing them tighter in the last 2 years as my BF% has dipped below 20%
Old 24-May-07, 09:58 AM   #3
mangotango

It is such a good feeling! It isn't possible that I stretched out my Rikki's, they were brand new! My feet seriously changed sizes in a few weeks time, I swear! but that is fine with me! I am loving it!
mangotango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Oct-07, 04:59 PM   #4
Merrida

Yes, my shoes have changed sizes. Weird, innit?

Listen not to what they say about you. Listen to what they whisper.
Old 22-Jun-09, 09:58 PM   #5
kitty1977

shoe size change

I did notice a 1/2 size change in my shoes after I started getting back into shape, but I thought it was just getting older

Brianna
witnessforfitness
kitty1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Jan-10, 10:04 AM   #6
EmGee

no, thankfully!! It was enough to have to practically buy an entirely new wardrobe after losing almost 25 pounds, I would have been very upset if all my shoes didnt fit.

I have heard that pregnant women often stretch out their shoes, but I'm assuming that's mostly due to weight gain and bloating. Unless you've lost a ton of weight, maybe your feet were just bloated. Drinking lots of water and exercising will diminish the bloat and therefore possible make your feet skinner too haha I dunno.
EmGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Jan-10, 03:58 PM   #7
Mrs.V.
Outlaw Muscle Bodybuilding Contest - 7th place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangotango View Post
I am not sure if this is an odd question because I am not sure if this only happens to me or if it completely normal and it happens to everyone. But, when you gain and lose weight, does your shoe size change? The reason I am asking is, I had these shoes shipped to me a few weeks ago and I thought that they were tight when I first tried them on but then when I wore them the other day and they fit perfectly. I have lost weight in the past few weeks, so I think this has to be the reason that they fit now. I am so happy they do because I love them! Does this happen to anyone else?? Is there a chance that my shoe size will go down a whole size if I keep losing?
Not only does the shoe SIZE change...So does your HEIGHT!!!

When I weighed 450 lbs, I was 5' 2 3/4" in height and wore a size 9 shoe...

After losing 320 lbs, I now wear anywhere from a size 5-7.5 shoe and I am 5' 1.5" in height...

I asked my doctor about the height difference and it made sense to me what he said...If your EAR LOBES have fat on them, don't you think your feet would too?!?! That was a DUUUHHHHH moment for me...Yes, we have FAT on the BOTTOM of our FEET!!!

I went from fat feet to the prettier "veiny" ones...So yes, you WILL go down in shoe size as well...

The will to win,the desire to succeed,the urge to reach your full potential.These are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
Mrs.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Jan-10, 09:09 AM   #8
EmGee

well I would imagine that after losing that amount of weight, pretty much everything on your body would change. But I think for the average person losing 10-50 pounds, that their shoe size would not change.
EmGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Jan-10, 09:30 AM   #9
Mrs.V.
Outlaw Muscle Bodybuilding Contest - 7th place.

At losing 20-50lbs, you are probably right...Shoe size wouldn't go down...

But I bet your shoe strings will get longer!!!

The will to win,the desire to succeed,the urge to reach your full potential.These are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
Mrs.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Jan-10, 11:34 PM   #10
.V.

Many women's shoe size increase from pregnancy stays with them after they give birth.
Old 03-Jun-10, 05:22 AM   #11
johnmarshel

when you gain or lose weight your shoe size some time change,it may be lose or very fit to you,I think it change when you gain your weight,it's possible in many cases.that depend on person how much body gain or lose some little lose or gain that doesn't affect any thing,surely check it.
Old 10-Jun-10, 12:07 PM   #12
.V.

even my size 11 new balances get tight when I gain and loose when I lose. However, I'm old and married now so I no longer have the need to wear size 13 wide with newspapers stuffed in the toes. .. now I just adjust the laces as needed in my running shoes.

Seriously though, shoe size will change slightly for most with weight gain or loss. Just part of the game...
Old 14-Jun-10, 06:10 AM   #13
smithdsouza

I think that the size changes but it is in the case when the difference is more than the nominal value. If there is nominal change in weight then the shoe size will not change. I suggest that the if weight is more than wear flat shoes it will help you to walk easily and also it is comfortable in wearing.
Old 11-Jul-10, 10:40 AM   #14
healthbuff101

Yes it does and I've witness that when i lost weight. I got to wear my favorite shoes once again! Hurrah!!!
Old 01-Apr-11, 05:39 PM   #15
treypescatorie

When I was 18 my shoe size was size 8 , over the years it has gone up to 10 or 10.5. I am 50 now. My feet are pretty lean, so it not from extra weight.
treypescatorie is offline   Reply With Quote