Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Female Fitness

Female Fitness Forum specifically for women to learn and share advice.

Old 24-May-05, 09:31 PM   #1
nicole.

How do some females have no lovehandles / pooch and a bit of a stomach?

I don't understand.

I was watching a music video, and there were girls, well, with some fat on their stomach, but it looked quite attractive because there was no pooch or lovehandles.

How is that? I've tried to get rid of my lovehandles and pooch without looking like some 60-pound-anorexic-freak but it won't work Is this because these girls have more muscle in that area, so it's toned, or what?

And if that's case, how would I get rid of the pooch and lovehandles; again, without being some friggin 60 pounds. I like the look of the little tummy, it looks quite nice

Help. I'm so confused, really I am.
nicole. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-May-05, 06:06 AM   #2
LINDA

It's easier for some women than others because of our genetic predisposition to store fat.

This post helps: http://www.discussfitness.com/showpo...2&postcount=12

Last edited by LINDA; 25-May-05 at 06:13 AM.
LINDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-May-05, 07:01 AM   #3
cursor
[ exSiteMgr ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole
I've tried to get rid of my lovehandles and pooch without looking like some 60-pound-anorexic-freak but it won't work Is this because these girls have more muscle in that area
When you made your former attempt(s), did you exercise with weights? If so, what type of style/format did you use? Also, what did you eat when dieting?

Push your limits define aggressive goals
____________c u r s o r__
_________P R O G R E S S___P I C S
cursor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-May-05, 12:11 PM   #4
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

yeah, i've seen that a lot, lately - seems a certain bodytype crops up like weeds; first it was long, long thin legs and hips with plushy boobs - every high school girl had them; then it was the coke-bottle shape with the exaggerated booty; now it's that pot-belly.

i think it's mostly genetic, in how the girl's built (architecturally speaking) and how she's predisposed to store fat.
threenorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-May-05, 01:18 PM   #5
IronMan

How much responsibility can we put on liposuction for that look?

IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-May-05, 01:27 PM   #6
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

i'm looking at our local high school girls - NONE of whom have access to cosmetic surgery unless it's for a serious reason (ie, car accident, birth defect, etc).
Old 27-May-05, 07:19 AM   #7
midgetcop
L'ilPowerhouse

Is it just me, or does this look have something to do with the way that girls are wearing their pants these days? Back in the late 80s early 90s, pants sat higher up on the waist and that accentuated the length of the woman's legs and made her stomach look flatter. Now girls are wearing their pants ULTRA low, and I think the pantline is sitting on an area of the woman's hips that isn't quite natural. A woman that has ANY amount of chubb/fat in the lower back/love handle-area/stomach, is going to have that accentuated now because the pants are sitting right below it. Does this make any sense? :confused:

CrossFit T.O. -- the place to be.

midgetcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-May-05, 10:59 AM   #8
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

that could very well be.

quite frankly, it's pretty revolting what i'm seeing these days. yesterday, there was a young woman, maybe early 20s, with a thin, slouchy figure and a REALLY sad droop to her gut wearing a belt that she obviously thought was a skirt and a top that was probably meant for a nine-year-old. the two pieces met at the back, but in the front, her gut drooped and sagged down leaving a good 4" of exposed chub..

just NASTY.
Old 28-May-05, 07:50 AM   #9
midgetcop
L'ilPowerhouse

Yeah, this style is getting out of hand. With some of these girls you can just *barely* see their asscrack, and as much as I love the female body, I can't help comparing this to a plumber's crack.

CrossFit T.O. -- the place to be.

midgetcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-May-05, 10:43 AM   #10
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

Just Say "noooooo!" To Crack!
Old 31-May-05, 01:12 PM   #11
dana82

Send a message via AIM to dana82 Send a message via Yahoo to dana82
"Is it just me, or does this look have something to do with the way that girls are wearing their pants these days? Back in the late 80s early 90s, pants sat higher up on the waist and that accentuated the length of the woman's legs and made her stomach look flatter. Now girls are wearing their pants ULTRA low, and I think the pantline is sitting on an area of the woman's hips that isn't quite natural. A woman that has ANY amount of chubb/fat in the lower back/love handle-area/stomach, is going to have that accentuated now because the pants are sitting right below it. Does this make any sense? "

I agree with you. I'm only 22 and all my friend luv these style pants I however do not like them at all! I have some chubs on my side as well and this just does not flatter that! I hope higher waisted pants come back in!
dana82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-May-05, 01:18 PM   #12
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

um... call me silly, but you like high-waisted pants, why not just wear high-waisted pants?

i'd rather be comfortable and happy with the way i look than trendy.
Old 31-May-05, 07:01 PM   #13
Fit_4_Life

I would have to agree its revolting. In my personal opinion I think its plain & simply that people are "l-a-z-y" these days. All they want to do is sit on there but & eat. Excercise takes too much effort. I frequently see these Teenage girls that should not be wearing bikinis wearing them at the gym pool. I mean fat hanging over the sides & stomach area. & they think they are just the hottest thing. It discusts me really. I try not to be judgmental. But they can at least try....If they want to look sexy they should try wearing something that is flattering to there figure or at least diet!!! if they are going to wear a swimsuit. & I consistently see these obese women running naked throught he locker rooms! ha ha ha. It can never be a pretty, attractive girl. its always rolls upon more rolls & more cellulite! ha ha ha. :confused:
Old 27-Jun-05, 08:10 PM   #14
Only13

Im 14 and I think some of the stuff girls wear is messed up. I got no problem with it if they are fit but then there are the tubs of lard squeezing themselves into a skirt meant for a barbie doll.
Only13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jun-05, 08:23 PM   #15
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

especially when it's paired with a spaghetti-strapped crop top and there's 6" of gut squeezing out between.

Tags
belly button, body shape, eat properly, junk food, locker room, personal opinion, personal trainer, stomach area, store fat