Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Female Fitness

Female Fitness Forum specifically for women to learn and share advice.

Old 01-Jul-07, 08:44 AM   #1
EagleRider

Need exercises to reduce breast size

I'm doing push ups in the hopes of shrinking my breast size. I need suggestions on more chest exercises to do. I use body weight - No equipment.
EagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-Jul-07, 10:15 AM   #2
gymgirl
Site Moderator

Hi, eaglerider!

to decrease your breast size you also need to reduce your body fat. You can do this with some dieting and cardio. The strength exercises will help and will build your chest muscles and make them firmer and more perky. Push-ups are great, have you tried variations of them like Atlas push-ups (I believe that's what they are called our BW experts pierini and bob44 will know) like putting your hands on chairs and feet on the groud or feet on a higer level and hands on the ground? Pierini and Bob also do these DVR exercise, that unfortunately I don't know how to explain properly hopefully they will see this thread and can help you out.

Do you have a medicine ball? You can do a chest pass, youhold the ball close to your chest and aggressivly toss ot to a partner or the wall.

my workout journal

"The sign of a good WOD. Immediate reflection that you don't want to do it again any time soon."—pierini
gymgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-Jul-07, 10:18 AM   #3
gymgirl
Site Moderator

ooops, eaglerider I forgot that our summer newsletter is out! Pierini did a great article on body weight exercises you can check it out here! http://www.discussfitness.com/cms.ph...summer#pierini

my workout journal

"The sign of a good WOD. Immediate reflection that you don't want to do it again any time soon."—pierini
gymgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-Jul-07, 07:47 PM   #4
EagleRider

The link you provided was very helpful. Thanks gymgirl!
Old 02-Jul-07, 01:46 PM   #5
LiftGirl
Site Admin

It's possible that by reducing body fat, you'll reduce your breast size, since breasts are mostly comprised of fat. However, if it's in your genetics to have large breasts, you may be limited on how much reducing you can do.

Only surgery can offer guaranteed results.
LiftGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-Jul-07, 02:02 PM   #6
LINDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRider View Post
I'm doing push ups in the hopes of shrinking my breast size. I need suggestions on more chest exercises to do. I use body weight - No equipment.
I think you are wasting your time focusing on pushups and pushup variations in order to reduce breast size. We have no idea what your current lifestyle and bodysize/shape is like or if your desire for breast reduction is even realistic.

Are you talking about going from a DD to flat chested? Or merely just firming up the area an inch or two ? The other question is what is your commitment? If you lose the size in a lifestyle change and go back to your old habits you size will return again.

A well rounded exercise program and dietary habits will definitely improve your health and well being. Surgery is your only option if you don't end up with the breasts you want.

Remember there is no such thing as spot reduction through diet and exercise, not even off your chest.
Old 02-Jul-07, 04:04 PM   #7
.V.

Eat a cutting diet, do a 3x a week full body resistance training plan, and do lots of cardio. That will whittle them down to size.

Specific breast reducing exercises? I don't think so.

Every woman I've trained has gotten a little mad at me at some point shen she noticed her breast size had gone down in proportion with the rest of her body. They got over it when I gave them progesterone cream though.
Old 02-Jul-07, 04:31 PM   #8
LINDA

Be careful messing with hormone creams. They are powerful for ladies who are estrogenic (ie - often natural big boobed and prone to cysts).
Old 02-Jul-07, 04:40 PM   #9
.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat View Post
Be careful messing with hormone creams. They are powerful for ladies who are estrogenic (ie - often natural big boobed and prone to cysts).
I don't think she's gonna go there anyway. Remember...she's wanting to make them smaller.

Damn crazy women. Why would somebody want to go and mess up something like that?

Just kidding you know. I've got nothing against smaller breasts, bigger breasts, medium breasts, long breasts...whatever. Just don't care for implants.
Old 11-Jul-07, 08:50 AM   #10
EagleRider

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymgirl View Post
Pierini and Bob also do these DVR exercise, that unfortunately I don't know how to explain properly hopefully they will see this thread and can help you out.
Can anyone explain or provide a link to this DVR exercise that gymgirl mentioned?

Quote:
We have no idea what your current lifestyle and bodysize/shape is like or if your desire for breast reduction is even realistic.
I guess I was pretty vague. I do exercise already but my workouts don't involve any equipment with the exception of some dumbbells. I think I'm being realistic in my desire to reduce my breast size. I'm a D right now. Before I gained weight, I was a B cup. I want to get down to that size again. Wondering if it will happen when I lose the rest of the weight I'm trying to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_welch503 View Post
Damn crazy women. Why would somebody want to go and mess up something like that?
You're funny. But seriously, they're like a dead weight. I'm 49 years old so I don't need big jugs. At my age they'll only end up going south.

Thank you all for your responses. You're a tremendous help to me. I just have to motivate myself to do more cardio. I HATE cardio. LoL
Old 11-Jul-07, 09:08 AM   #11
Maxgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRider View Post
Before I gained weight, I was a B cup. I want to get down to that size again. Wondering if it will happen when I lose the rest of the weight I'm trying to lose.

Thats your answer there you dont need to spot reduce you just need to lose the weight you gained. This is the only way you will lose it.
Old 11-Jul-07, 09:25 AM   #12
EagleRider

In addition to losing weight all over, I admit, I am trying to spot reduce as well.
When my mother gained weight she went from a large C cup to a double E. She has deep dents in her shoulders from bra straps digging in. When she lost the weight, she didn't lose her boobs. They remained the same size, just sagged. I'm just so afraid that I won't either, even though I used to be a smaller chest size too.

Admittedly, I don't have the same body as my mom. She's 5' 3" and has always struggled with weight. I'm 5' 6" and was skinny (around 115-120lbs) until I quit smoking a year ago. I'm a little spooked at the possibility of never losing these boobs.
Old 11-Jul-07, 09:34 AM   #13
LINDA

I think your perception of what is "big" may be skewed. Regardless lose the excess weight because it is the right thing to do for your health. Is your decision to exercise based on if you lose breast weight or not?
At our age hormones fluctuations may be making you hang onto more breast size than you may have in the past. Time will even things out in the end.

Nike got it right - Just do it.

(At 49, I still need "my big girls". They have never been dead anything. )
Old 11-Jul-07, 10:23 AM   #14
EagleRider

Quote:
Is your decision to exercise based on if you lose breast weight or not?
Absolutely not. I have to try to stay fit regardless of my weight or breast size. Besides, I really do like exercising. I just hate cardio.

Quote:
(At 49, I still need "my big girls". They have never been dead anything. )
Some of us like having them, some don't. It's extremely uncomfortable for me to go from a B cup to a D cup. It just doesn't work well for me.
Old 11-Jul-07, 12:14 PM   #15
LINDA

I respect your opinion on that.

Good that you like to exercise in spite of your body style. If cardio drags you down, a good bra can help. Yes they are expensive for a supportive one but if it gets you moving (and gets the weight down) more intensely then it's worth the money. Try the Enell or Title IV websites for styles and sizes.

Tags
body fat, body weight, chest exercise, chest exercises, chest muscles, gained weight, losing weight, quit smoking, resistance training, spot reduce, spot reduction, training plan, weight exercises