Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Forum Information > Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements Check here for official Discuss Fitness Forum updates and announcements

Old 07-Aug-05, 10:25 AM   #16
Andy R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat
I miss the link back to the forum list when you are on a thread or post page.
It is still there, look at the top above the Google ad.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Aug-05, 10:47 AM   #17
LINDA

No that's not the linked page I'm talking about. The one I like is the way down at the very bottom hidden almost, last row of text on the right called home.

It used to be simple and intuitive at the top left.

I know you are making changes hopefully for the better. I've survived lots of messageboard makovers. Home just one of those things you don't want to see renamed as it used to be the page that the URL I have bookmarked brought me to. Now it's a different page of selected posts.

I'm not bitchin' just adding my 2 cents about about features I used all the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LINDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Aug-05, 11:05 AM   #18
Gooseneck
CO

Send a message via AIM to Gooseneck Send a message via Yahoo to Gooseneck
Let's remember to give it some time while Andy works out the kinks with the new layout. I like the Homepage so far, just dont change the sites "colors".

1*
Gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Aug-05, 12:38 PM   #19
Andy R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat
The one I like is the way down at the very bottom hidden almost, last row of text on the right called home.
That link is still there. It should take you to the forum interface. What I did was move the forum pages from the root (discussfitness.com/FileName.php) to the forum folder (discussfitness.com/forums/FileName.php). I had to do this quick because it is one of those changes that has a 'hangover' effect. So the sooner you get it behind you then the sooner you recover.

The link is still there, but I will change it to read forums (old forum listing page) and home (front/portal page). Please don't forget we will be evolving the portal considerably in the near future to better represent all the wonderful information contained in this knowledge network.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Aug-05, 04:03 PM   #20
mrzool
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mrzool Send a message via Yahoo to mrzool
we should hav the ability to vote on the polls or atleast start some..........i like wat u did with the site
mrzool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Aug-05, 04:04 PM   #21
mrzool
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mrzool Send a message via Yahoo to mrzool
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbit
How about turning the IMG code on in all forums. That will allow me to post using more smilies
And thanks Andy
yeh that would be tight
mrzool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Aug-05, 09:45 PM   #22
LINDA

Thanks for closing anal sex thread Andy!:

I like a place that has administrators who set the tone and stand firm about the boundaries. Those who don't like it can walk.

My intended runs a free members only college sports fan website. He doesn't allow team or player bashing and has attracted the best, most intelligent converstions because of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LINDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-Aug-05, 09:19 AM   #23
pseudonym

G'day mate ... geeze ya take the weekend away and when ya get back the buggers have changed the wallpaper on ya LOL.

looks good bro, I like the new layout.

Just an addendum to Brats post re: the merciless locking of threads (which I agree, when used in good taste and judgement, makes for a better community) I would also add the merciless banning of consistently pointless users allows for the more efficient flow of salient information and cuts down on general dross diluting the quality stuff.

No fingers being pointed from my corner but if the idea is to build and maintain a 'social knowledge bank' it is sometimes neccessary to keep those without anything to deposit from trying.

full encouragement from this end mate (I'll get back to ya re: feedback when I have become a bit more familiar with this new layout ).

Mechanics > Consistency > Intensity
pseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
still working