Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals

Online Journals Keep an online workout journal so we can all learn and share ideas. Sub forum: Progress Pictures

Old 01-Apr-04, 07:11 AM   #16
cursor
[ exSiteMgr ]

Looks interesting:
wow cow ice cream

When eating WowCow! remember, its all natural, there's no fat,
no cholesterol and less than 10 calories per ounce. Best of all,
WowCow! has no milk or milk solids The base is made with
delactosed whey and can be enjoyed by most lactose intolerants.
WowCow! is sweetened naturally with real fruit fructose.
While the fructose sweetening is not a real plus, there are only 4 grams of sugars per cup serving (and as noted, no fat).

Push your limits define aggressive goals
____________c u r s o r__
_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cursor; 01-Apr-04 at 07:23 AM.
cursor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-Apr-04, 07:17 AM   #17
jgriffith
Jack Frost

Send a message via AIM to jgriffith
Thanks for the link cursor . Well looking at the nutrition facts there's nothing really redeeming about it, but I love ice cream and havent been able to have any. So this is good for me, doesnt mean i'll be going there daily but definitely a good alternative. :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bench: 305 Squat: 345 Dead: 465

"Limits are for people who have them..."
jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-Apr-04, 11:34 AM   #18
MonStar

Send a message via AIM to MonStar
Quote:
Ghetto T-Bar Row: (Saw this in MonStars Journal and gave it a go)

1 plate x 10
2 plates x 10
3 plates x 10
4 plates x 6
Damn man you're a good bit stronger than I thought, nice work! Really impressive man. Keep up it up. :

4 plates on t-bar rows isn't bad at all!
MonStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-Apr-04, 02:30 PM   #19
cursor
[ exSiteMgr ]

I've contacted them to see if we can get some out here in California!

Push your limits define aggressive goals
____________c u r s o r__
_________
cursor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-Apr-04, 06:45 AM   #20
jgriffith
Jack Frost

243.6 today, Good water yesterday, but had a real crappy meal at chiles fairly late last night w/ my pops, so that wasnt good, but I'm seeing improvements all over my body despite an actual drop in weight. Yesterday I worked Shoulders and Traps.

Shoulders:

Standing Military Press BB:

55 x 12
95 x 12
135 x 7
125 x 10
95 x 10

Rear Delts (Bent Raises) DB's:

40 x 10
55 x 8
70 x 12

My rear delts are getting much stronger, I think it has to do with the increase in back work that I've done, I'll need to up the weight next time.

Seated Military Press DBs:

45 x 10
55 x 10
70 x 6 Pretty sure thats a PR for me

Front Raises BB:

45 x 12
55 x 12

Shrugs BB:

135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 6

Holy crap, this tore my traps apart, they are sooo sore today, felt awesome though.

Abs:

Weighted Decline Situp:

25 plate x 15
25 plate x 20
35 plate x 15

Cable Twist:

60 x 10
80 x 10
80 x 10

MonStar: Bout time you finally realized it haha, j/k. Just a question on the ghetto rows, what do you do so the v bar doesnt tare into your wrists? My guess is its probably unavoidable, so I just snarl and spit on myself until I'm pumped and ready to go, lol.

Cursor: That would be a great idea. Tasting is believing, man its sooo good. I think even taken home and blended with a scoop of protein it'd be great, hmmm, thats a great idea! I'll try it out and tell you how it works :

Last edited by jgriffith; 02-Apr-04 at 06:46 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-Apr-04, 10:44 PM   #21
MonStar

Woah I am not sure how you're doing them bro. Hmmm, let me try and explain. Basically I am on one side of an Olympic barbell. From that point I load the 45's on one side, obviously, and put the other side of the BB against the wall. Then I use a directly below the plates, right at the gritty part, the start of the barbell (and not where the plates load). Then from there I stradle the BB, and sit back with the weight arching my back, and pulling the v-bar to my sternum area. The 45's come to my pecs or so. The ROM is pretty short but the midback/lat contractions are friggin' incredible.

I am going to attach a sh*tty job I just did in paint, lol, see if this helps any:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ghettot-bar.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	1602  
Old 04-Apr-04, 01:15 PM   #22
jgriffith
Jack Frost

MonStar:Thats exactly how I do them. Its just that the metal discs at the end of the v-bar stick into my wrists a little. Oh well, its really not that bad anyways. haha nice pic by the way, I like that lol

Old 05-Apr-04, 06:48 AM   #23
jgriffith
Jack Frost

243.6 lbs this morning. I'm pretty pumped I havent gone up over the weekend because this was one of the worst ones diet wise I've had in awhile. Drank friday and saturday night, had pizza late saturday night. I also went to a buffet for a whopping 2 and 1/2 hours on saturday with my friends and went out to eat again last night, wow, no good. But I did drink a ton of water all weekend which was about the only healthy thing I did. Today I'm doing chest and triceps, I'll post my workout later.

Old 05-Apr-04, 11:01 PM   #24
jgriffith
Jack Frost

Chest/Triceps/Abs

Flat Bench BB:

135 x 8
185 x 2
225 x 1
245 x 1
275 x 1 PR
280 x 1 Miss

Incline DB:

80 x 8
90 x 6
100 x 5

Cable Crossovers

80 x 10
90 x 10
100 x 10

Reverse Grip Bench BB:

65 x 12
95 x 12
115 x 8
Stopped didnt really like this exercise but thought Id try it.

Close Grip Bench:

95 x 10
115 x 6

V-bar Push Down:
160 x 12
200 x 10

Drop Set:
200 x 8
160 x 8
120 x 8
80 x 8

Seated Tricep Pushdown (machine):
140 x 12
230 x 12

Triceps were more or less mush after this and the chest felt well worked.

Abs:

Decline Situp w/ DB on chest:

25 x 15
35 x 20
45 x 20

These felt awesome, I'm going to up the weight next time and really kick my own ass.

Oblique Twists (cable):

60 x 15
80 x 15

After attempting 280, my wrist hurt pretty bad immediately after, felt like a stinger or something, went away but came back again on close grip, hopefully it wont hurt tommorow, I dont think it'll ammount to much but I'll be watching it.

Old 06-Apr-04, 12:05 AM   #25
ASS COBRA
Banned

nice work Griff, id like to pump you for a few sets.

good thing with wrists...you can tape em and work through it, nancy boy.

ASS COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-Apr-04, 06:44 AM   #26
jgriffith
Jack Frost

AC, you're making my pants get tight, haha. Ya, I'll pull the string from between my legs and suck it up, thanks always, for the great advice....

weighed in at 243.2. Weight hasnt changed much lately but everything is looking more defined. I'm happy with the improvements so far. Perhaps tommorow I'll take some new measurements because i'm pretty sure theyre different.

Old 06-Apr-04, 06:04 PM   #27
MonStar

275 on bench man, nice work! :
Old 06-Apr-04, 06:50 PM   #28
jgriffith
Jack Frost

243.2 This morning, Did back and biceps in the gym today. Intensity was absolutely horrible, I wasnt feeling it at all, not sure why, oh well.

EZ Bar Curls:

70 x 10
80 x 10
90 x 8
100 x 8

DB Preachers:

25 x 10
30 x 8
35 x 8

Peaks (Cables)

60 x 10
80 x 10
50 x 12

Hammer Curls (Cables w/ Rope):

80 x 10
100 x 10
110 x 10

Seated Rows:

160 x 10
200 x 10
220 x 15 PR, the only good set of the whole day

Lat Pull Down:

160 x 8
140 x 10
120 x 12

Hyper Extensions:

1 x 10

Dead Lifts:

135 x 10
225 x 6

After this I just booted, I was totally wasting my time, hopefully tommorow will be better, I'm sure it will be, I just need some good rest and to regain my focus.

Old 07-Apr-04, 06:56 AM   #29
jgriffith
Jack Frost

Ok, I did some measurements and a weigh in this morning for an update, and I was totally surprised, pleasantly...Check it.

March 17th

Height: Still 6'3"
Weight: 245 lbs
Waist: 39.6"
Chest: 44.5"
Bicep: 16.25"
Neck: 16"

April 7th

Weight: 241.6 lbs
Waist: 38.5"
Chest: 43.5"
Bicep: 16.5"
Neck: 16

I'm very pleased with the loss on my waist since March 17th, the arm has improved slightly, I've added more volume and intensity to all of my lifts as is fairly apparent in the log. Neck and Chest is just about the same which is good. My chest measurement went down a little but my chest is looking more defined and fuller, I think i'm losing some fat off my back and around the outside of my pecs, I'm positive I havent lost any actual muscle there, starting to really come together!

Old 07-Apr-04, 09:03 AM   #30
MonStar

Chest is down an inch, but so is your waist, so I guess it somewhat evens out. I don't even bother taking measurements anymore because mine change so much. Depending on my carb intake, etc. It's so frustrating for me. I use the mirror and progress pics as a gauge. Ever consider posting some pics bro?

Tags
bar curl, bar curls, bar rows, body fat, body weight, cable cross, cable curl, cable curls, cable push, cable row, cable rows, cheat meal, compound movement, compound movements, crunch machine, cup serving, dead lift, dead lifts, decline sit, decline situps, deep squat, digital camera, extra cardio, flat bench, fully recovered, green pepper, grip bench, hammer curl, hammer curls, hammer str, head press, heart rate, high intensity, high protein, higher rep, hyper extensions, ice cream, incline bench, incline db, lactose intolerant, lat pd, lat pull, lateral raise, leg extension, leg press, low carb, low sodium, max heart, max heart rate, military press, oblique twists, overhead press, parallel squat, pre workout, proper form, raise machine, rear delts, rope pushdowns, row machine, seated cable row, seated cable rows, seated military, seated military press, seated overhead, seated row, shoulder workout, skull crushers, standing military, standing military press, stationary bike, still sore, upper body, water weight, weight loss, weighted decline, weighted sit, weighted situps