Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals

Online Journals Keep an online workout journal so we can all learn and share ideas. Sub forum: Progress Pictures

Old 10-May-04, 01:26 PM   #46
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Send a message via Yahoo to Firehawk
Its Day 5, and I got Shoulders to do today. Just about to go do them. Im startin to get pissed off. MY weight has not really been going down. Its just been jumpin between 309 and 314 lbs over the last 2 weeks. I dont really understand it. Granted, I had a cheat meal on saturday, and i did cheat 2 days in a row last weekend, but this is really beginning to bother me. Im gonna put in a perfect week this week, and If I see that my weight is not back under 307 im gonna start thinkin about changing something.

Well, ive done shoulders, and had a very good workout. Surprisingly I had an easy time with the weight as far as reverse flyes, lateral and front raises, and even my DB Press went good. I will increase EVERYTHING next week!

YAYYYYYYYYYY

Oh, and im eating perfectly today. No cravings thank God. Day 5 almost in the books...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Firehawk; 10-May-04 at 07:54 PM.
Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-May-04, 07:27 PM   #47
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Oh boy, what a day. I had a GREAT day today. I did HIIT 20 min Cardio after work today, and had one of the best cardio workouts ever. I never knew someone could put forth that much sweat in 20 mins. I was just pouring off sweat. Looked like i got out of the shower, seriously.

Thanks to Todd, who has given me some new tweaks into my diet and meal timing. I will try to get them down for now, and I think they will really come in handy when i begin to bulk in september/october.

I went to check out this girl that a friend of mine told me to go see, at the mall (she works there). I went and asked her out. What a great body on her. She gave me her number HEHEHEHEHEHE, and we are going out sunday night..

Ok kids, the moral of that story (its a true story) is self confidence. For those of you who are not too confident about your self, maybe you are too heavy or somthing, try workin out, and notice even after you lose 10 lbs your self confidence starts going up. I am since 2-0 when askin girls out since ive began cutting. : can anyone else tell im happy?

Fuel for the fire my friends, fuel for the fire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-May-04, 08:49 PM   #48
jgriffith
Jack Frost

Send a message via AIM to jgriffith
Nice work pickin up the chicks fire, I like what I'm seein here. You'll have to give us some updates after sunday... :

Bench: 305 Squat: 345 Dead: 465

"Limits are for people who have them..."
jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-May-04, 09:39 AM   #49
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Ill keep ya informed Griff :

Its Day 7 of 21, and whats on the agenda today? Oh yes, legs. Im gonna kill every rep tonight, im gonna bury every set. Im gonna touch my ass to the floor every rep on squats!

This morning i was finally back to 307. My body has let go of the water and I am back to burning fat. This is great! Im super motivated now. I have ZERO desire to cheat! Im gonna make it these 21 days, and in fact, ive set a NEW goal to make it to JUNE 1 without a cheat day. We'll see if I can do it. I think i can, I think i can, I think I can, theres no place like home, theres no place like home, theres no place like home...

I expect to show 305-6 tomorrow morning on the scale as ive probably got a couple lbs of water left to drop out. But this is the first day of the body gettin rid of the excess water so I can get back into rhythm.

I expect 299 definitely by MAY 31, but I think i can kill that goal if I stay focused and eat very clean.

Last edited by Firehawk; 12-May-04 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-May-04, 09:43 AM   #50
kungfu74
-|||------|||-

Great attitude Fire!! i't amazing what you can accomplish when your self worth is going up!!! good luck w/ the ladies too!!!
Old 13-May-04, 11:51 AM   #51
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Its day 8 baby...and im feelin great! Hey im a poet and i didnt know it!

Today is an optional cardio day. Im not sure if im gonna do cardio today or not, but i probably wont. Ive been working out hard for 7 straight days so maybe ill take the break. My caloric intake is holding well, and IM eating better than i was even before when i thought i was eating pretty clean, thanks Todd :

I was 305.5~306 this morning YAYYYY. I havent been this light in 9 yrs. Once im under 300, then it will have been 11 yrs since i was that light. Sheesh. Im lovin it.

Old 14-May-04, 06:56 AM   #52
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Let me first start off by saying DAMNIT!!!!!!!!

A chickie came over yesterday. She wanted pizza. What can i say, she dragged me into the bedroom and punished me (yeah, as if i really fought her), then wanted pizza, how could i say no to anything she wanted? LOL

So, i ate 2 pieces. sigh.......thats about 720 calories right there. AT least i got 32g of protein out of that. Problem is, 82 carbs as well. Ugh. Anyway, I was gonna make it a cheat "night" and order a bunch more food, but i thought it "its just not worth it", so i stopped at the 2 pieces. So, proud on one hand, pissed on the other hand.

I dont think it will affect me too bad.

Its Day 9 today, and I got Chest/Tris. Im excited, cant wait to get home and destroy my chest and triceps. Im going to eat PERFECTLY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I weighed 307.5 today. Up 1 lb from yesterday....ugh. I think its the water retention from the pizza I ate honestly. I didnt eat enough calories to gain weight.

I also didnt work out yesterday either (day off).

Old 14-May-04, 06:58 AM   #53
Jaster
Dark Knight

Don't fret it. I have 2 slices of pizza 2 to 3 times a week.
There I said it!!
It's not the end of the world!
Old 14-May-04, 07:49 AM   #54
jgriffith
Jack Frost

I have a dark secret to reveal, haha, no its not that good, but yesterday I ate a New Yorker from pizza hut with ham and green pepper. The amount of water I retain after that is UNBELIEVABLE. Just be happy your weight only fluctuated 1 lbs. Trust me thats all water, pizza is the silent killer of water retention in my opinion haha. I'm guessing if you ate no carbs for a couple of days, and no sodium while drinking a gallon + of water, you'd be right around 300 lbs. Nice work with the ladies by the way, pizza and chicks? I cant name anything much better than that, unless it was pizza, chicks and beer.

Old 14-May-04, 07:54 AM   #55
kungfu74
-|||------|||-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgriffith
Iunless it was pizza, chicks and beer.
I'm droooling now...!! Fire like the other's said, no worries man just get back on track! when you have something you "shouldn't", just enjoy it and move on.. good job not over indulging too!!
Old 14-May-04, 08:46 AM   #56
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Jgriff, If i want to , i can eat 2 large pizzas from Dominos. Never tried it from Pizza hut, but ive eaten one newyorker, those ARE AWESOME DUDE!

Yeah, after a cheat day, i usually retain a gallon of water (8lbs). IT SUCKS!!!!! I graph my body weight taken every morning, and you can tell when i cheat. I get huge spikes lol.

IT SUCKS!!!!! I was very proud of myself for only eating 2 pieces instead of ordering 2 more pizzas, which is what I was about to do. But i thought about it and didnt wanna see the scale reading 315 tomorrow. I woulda probably cried lol. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUPID Fn FOOD MAN MY GOD!

Old 14-May-04, 08:49 AM   #57
Firehawk
PowerLifter

And yeah Kung, you are right man, i should just sit back and enjoy it, but it wasnt a planned cheat meal or cheat day, and thats why i was P.O'd. But what can i say? The woman just put out and the least i can do is get her whatever she wants to eat right? LOL Not to mention, shes the best in bed my GOD! 'deep breath'

Old 14-May-04, 04:44 PM   #58
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Day 9: Eatin perfect. Chest / Tri day.

UNBELIEVABLE workout. I was extremely happy. I had the intensity today, and the energy going. I FINALLY GOT 185 for 6, and ive never been able to do it. Next stop, 190! MY first major goal is 225x6, and i can feel it gettin closer and closer.

Workout:

Flat BB Bench press

95 x 10
110 x 6
135 x 3
170 x 1
185 x 6
185 x 5
185 x 4

Incline BB Bench Press

155 x 6
155 x 4
155 x 4

Flat DB Press

67 x 6
67 x 6
67 x 4

Skull Crushers

75 x 6
75 x 5
75 x 5

Bench Dips (BW onlY)

3 sets of 4 (im 307 dont forget lol)

Cable Pushdowns

65 x 6
65 x 5
65 x 4

My tris were just dead by the end of the pushdowns...

Old 14-May-04, 05:00 PM   #59
jgriffith
Jack Frost

Way to go man, great workout, very nice job hitting 185 x 6, finally got it. New Yorkers are definitely amazing haha, I dream about them all the time....

Old 14-May-04, 05:10 PM   #60
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Thanks man. And a special thanks to Jaster, who without his help, I would still be tryin to get 170 for 6.

Tags
abdominal muscles, added weight, adding mass, alternating curls, alternating db, awesome workout, bar curl, bar curls, barbell bench press, barbell bent, barbell curl, barbell curls, barbell row, barbell rows, barbell shrug, barbell shrugs, bell curls, bell press, bench dip, bench dips, bench max, bench press, bench presses, bicep workout, blood sugar, board press, board presses, body fat, body mass, body size, body weight, box squats, bruce lee, build muscle, building muscle, builds muscle, bulking cycle, burn fat, burning calories, burning fat, cable press, cable push, cable pushdown, cal diet, calf raise, calf raises, caloric deficit, caloric intake, calorie intake, candy bar, cardio routine, cardio workouts, catabolic state, cheat meal, cheat meals, chest area, chest workouts, chicken breast, chicken sandwich, clean diet, compound movement, compound movements, constructive criticism, conventional deadlift, conventional deadlifts, core strength, curl bar, cut fat, dead lift, dead lifts, decent workout, decline bench, deep breath, deep squat, digital camera, dip station, double overhand, dumbbell press, dumbbell presses, dumbbell shoulder, dumbbell shoulder press, dumbell press, eat carbs, eating properly, eating protein, endurance training, energy level, excess fat, exercise science, extra pounds, extra protein, extra rep, fat burn, fat burning, fat gains, fat intake, fat loss, felt heavy, felt strong, flat bench, flat bench press, flat dumbell, flat press, floor presses, food journal, gain muscle, gain strength, gain weight, gained muscle, gaining mass, gaining muscle, gaining strength, geared towards, gotta eat, green pepper, green veggie, green veggies, grip bench, grip bench press, grip lat, grip press, grip pull, grip pulldown, grip pulldowns, grip strength, grip training, hammer curl, hammer curls, heart rate, heavy deadlifts, heavy deads, heavy weights, heavy workout, higher carb, higher fat, higher protein, hiit cardio, hiit training, hours straight, ice cream, incline bb, incline bench, incline bench press, incline crunch, incline crunches, incline press, incline presses, increase strength, increased weight, insulin response, intense workout, intense workouts, intensity level, jaster shrug, jaster shrugs, joint pain, junk food, junk foods, keeping track, killer workout, lat pull, lat pulldown, late afternoon, lateral raise, lateral raises, lean body, lean body mass, lean mass, lean meats, lean muscle, lean muscle mass, lean tissue, left bicep, leg curl, leg dead, leg deadlift, leg strength, leg workout, lifting routine, lifting session, light headed, light weight, losing bodyfat, losing fat, low bf, low box, low cal, low calorie, low calories, lower bf, lower carb, maintain muscle, mass building, mass gain, mass gains, max squat, meal timing, military press, moderate cardio, moving forward, muscle building, muscle growth, muscle mass, normal routine, orange juice, overall strength, overhand grip, parallel squat, personal record, personal trainer, powerlifting routine, primary goal, progress pictures, proper form, protein content, protein intake, protein powder, protein shake, quick workout, rack pull, rack pulls, regular bench, retain water, reverse fly, reverse flyes, ronnie coleman, rope pulldowns, rope pushdowns, scale weight, serious weight, short workout, shoulder injury, shoulder joint, shoulder press, shoulder workout, skinny fat, skull crushers, slow twitch, squat position, squat rack, standing bb, standing calf raise, standing calf raises, stationary bike, stay focused, stiff leg, stiff leg deadlift, stiff leg deadlifts, still learning, still sore, stop lifting, stop working, straight bar, straight bar curls, straight leg deadlift, straight leg deadlifts, straight line, strength endurance, strength gain, strength gains, strength train, strength training, strict diet, strict form, style training, super heavy, tough workout, training program, tri workout, tricep cable, tricep pushdowns, upper body, upright row, upright rows, usually eat, vegetable oil, wait till, water retention, weight bench, weight gain, weight loss, weighted crunch, weighted crunches, wheat bread, whey protein, wide grip, wide grip pull, width apart, workout meal, workout partner, workout routine, workout session