Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals

Online Journals Keep an online workout journal so we can all learn and share ideas. Sub forum: Progress Pictures

Old 14-May-04, 08:21 PM   #61
Jaster
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk
Flat BB Bench press
185 x 6
185 x 5
185 x 4
: :
That is great!!!
Quote:
Thanks man. And a special thanks to Jaster, who without his help, I would still be tryin to get 170 for 6.
No thanx needed man just keep moving forward!!
Old 15-May-04, 06:06 PM   #62
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Send a message via Yahoo to Firehawk
Its Day 10. Saturday...

I had a cardio session today. HIIT cardio that is. OK workout, but i couldnt complete level 10 on the 19th minute. I got 30 seconds of it but was just DEAD tired. Ive eaten perfectly today. I was thinkin about a cheat day today until i got on the scale and saw that i was 304.5~305 and said F THAT, im gonna make sure to eat perfectly hehehehe.

Ive been tearing down the basement ceiling in my home all day which i hope is burning calories, but ive been making sure to eat right every 3 hours or so too (some schmuk put up dry wall on the ceiling, not too bright if you ever wanna get to your pipes or somethin )

YAY. Still hoping to get to 299 by May 31. Right now I am at 38 lbs of fat loss. WOOOHOOO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-May-04, 06:34 PM   #63
DaRkAnGel

Send a message via AIM to DaRkAnGel Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkAnGel
Firehawk, so what are you really after as far as training goes at this point? Strength, size? If it is strength you want, which looks like it, maybe you should try some lower reps?
DaRkAnGel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-May-04, 09:57 PM   #64
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Right now I am tryin to lower my BF% as its around 30-31%. I do 4-6 reps (MAX OT) which has been workin for me. If you are commenting about my bench, i was doing it all wrong until Jaster gave me some tips on my form. I was not utilizing my lats, or using my triceps effectively, and also i had a sticking point which is non-existent now. (Yes, im aware my bench press SUCKs for my size. Its by far my weakest lift)

If you arent talking about my bench, I dont know what your talkin about then

My primary goal right now is fat loss, while adding as much lean muscle as possible if I can. Then, once my fat % is under 15 or so, im gonna go for bulking and try to add some muscle. I have no desire to bench 500, deadlift 800+, or squat 800+. I want to have respectable numbers though, like 315 bench, 500+ deadlift, 400+ deep squat.

I just want to look good. F lifting super heavy weights, thats just askin for joint pain later in life and Noooooo SPANK YOU!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 16-May-04, 07:32 AM   #65
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Its Day 11. I put in a perfect Day 10. I did nothin but tear down my basement ceiling for 12 hours straight (Breaking only for nutrition) and I had to burn a TON of calories...and it appears I did.

So, today is Sunday, Day 11 of 21, and I am feelin good.

I have Back/Bis to do today at some point, but probably wont get to it until tonight. I have my college graduation ceremony to attend today ... nothin but 3 hours of sitting there waiting for your 10 seconds of glory...ahhh itll be worth it I guess.

Goin for 325 3x6 today. I HAVE to make sure I get this lift! I hope I can get it. My legs and lower back are tired from 12 hours of moving dry wall around, carrying it up stairs and out of the house etc, so hopefully tonight ill hit it hard.

I gotta make sure I eat right today after the ceremony, because family wants to take me out to dinner. I gotta be sure that I get some kinda chicken sandwich or something because...

This morning i was 304.5 on the scale!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO. 6 more lbs until i hit my first major major goal of 299! Im sick and tired of that scale reading 300+ damnit! Its been over 8 yrs since ive seen 2-somethin on that scale. I can feel it though. I can feel myself getting lighter. I think my feet are thanking me hehehe. Im soo excited to get that 299 number guys...no cheat days until then!

Old 16-May-04, 08:12 PM   #66
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Ugh im slackin bad. Im eating pizza right now. After my ceremony we went out to the Olive Garden where I had a couple beers and the Tour Of Italy (for those of you who go to the Olive garden ). Right now im eating a large pizza from dominoes lol. OK OK, cheat day yeppers...hopefully ill still get that 299 by may 31 though!

Old 16-May-04, 11:24 PM   #67
Firehawk
PowerLifter

It was 11:15pm when I began my back/bi workout session. I just couldnt go to bed knowing i was going to skip such an important workout all because i figured "ill just do it tomorrow"! Unacceptable. Im glad I did it now that its over with, despite my damn DREADLIFT (yes I said Dreadlift, not Deadlift) issues right now...

BB Bent Over Rows
155 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5

DREADLIFTS
325 x 4
325 x 2
325 x 1 1/2
*I dont know WTF is going on with my deadlift lately. Last week i F'd it up tryin to go for too much weight (sound familiar Jgriff? Hehe) and then when i dropped back down to 325 (which I got 6, 5, 4 for 2 weeks ago) I did even worse than 2 weeks ago. STupid Fn Dreadlifts! Anyway, maybe i needed that to get back in rhythm. Ill get 6 next week.

Lat Pulldowns

115 x 5
115 x 5
115 x 5

BB Curls

95 x 6
95 x 5
95 x 5 1/2

Alternating DB Curls

42 x 4
42 x 4
*After i blow out on the BB Curls, these are just impossible to complete. I only do them to try to keep my left bicep (which is playing catchup) somewhat close to my right bicep.

All in all, I hate BACK workouts, love Bicep workouts. This workout was a bad back workout, a good bicep workout. I HATE DREADLIFTS!

Old 16-May-04, 11:33 PM   #68
jgriffith
Jack Frost

Send a message via AIM to jgriffith
haha ya that does sound familiar, but I've got a little somethin different up my sleeve to combat that kinda thing. Dont worry about the 325, I'm sure that'll work itself out within the next few workouts.

Bench: 305 Squat: 345 Dead: 465

"Limits are for people who have them..."
jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-May-04, 01:01 AM   #69
DaRkAnGel

Send a message via AIM to DaRkAnGel Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkAnGel
Quote:
I just want to look good. F lifting super heavy weights, thats just askin for joint pain later in life and Noooooo SPANK YOU!!!
I do not know where you are getting this from? I know tons of athletes well beyond your age that do not have any joint problems, including my dad who has been lifting since around my age.
DaRkAnGel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-May-04, 07:11 AM   #70
Firehawk
PowerLifter

I know a few people that have joint pain from lifting earlier in their years. Whether they had "less than optimal" form or whatever, I dont know, im not really sure of the circumstances. But I do know, that lifting very heavy weights like that you are putting alot of stress on your body and your joints and things like that.

Whether I am right or wrong man, its not something im willing to risk. A bench of 315, A deep squat of 400+, and a deadlift of 500+ are my goals, and thats where Id like to be, enough said.

EDIT: I think it will be more accurate to judge once i get to those kinds of weight, just how Im feeling. I dont want to risk any kind of long term damage to any parts of my body where I would have problems later in life. Thats all im concerned about.

Last edited by Firehawk; 17-May-04 at 08:47 AM.
Old 17-May-04, 07:12 AM   #71
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgriffith
haha ya that does sound familiar, but I've got a little somethin different up my sleeve to combat that kinda thing. Dont worry about the 325, I'm sure that'll work itself out within the next few workouts.
A little sum sumtin up your sleeve eh? You the man buddy, I thought you would like that plug

Now go throw that light weight around eh? :

Old 18-May-04, 06:01 PM   #72
Firehawk
PowerLifter

What is this now for me? day 13? I think so. Day 13 of 21. Well, i should get rid of that 21 day crap as I took a cheat day...sigh. But oh well.

ANyways, its Shoulder day. I did it, completed it, upset about my DB press, ok on the rest.

DB Shoulder Press

62 x 4
62 x 2
62 x 2

LOL, 2 reps, out of a 6 rep set. Sigh. I increased the weight this week, and thats probably why, 5 lbs more on each arm. Maybe thast too much, but i don thave 1.25lb plates, or 1 lb plates. I hope i can get more next time. 62lb DB's are Fn heavy.

Upright Rows

115 x 5
115 x 5
115 x 4

Increased the weight today for this too, not bad. Tough getting it to my chin or slightly lower though.

Reverse Flyes

37 x 6
37 x 6

Lateral Raises

37 x 4
37 x 4

Front Raises

27 x 6
27 x 6

BB SHrugs

275 x 5

Got lazy, took the last 2 sets off. Was just tired.

Last edited by Firehawk; 18-May-04 at 06:06 PM.
Old 18-May-04, 06:04 PM   #73
jgriffith
Jack Frost

Send a message via AIM to jgriffith
thats a lot of raises! nice workout though, you'll get the shoulder presses goin' soon enough.

Bench: 305 Squat: 345 Dead: 465

"Limits are for people who have them..."
jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-May-04, 06:05 PM   #74
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Yeah i have wondered if I am overtraining my shoulders, but I dont THINK I am at this point anyway. Oops, u know what, its only 2 sets per raise. Look at it again, and ill make the edit change. Im so used to doing 3 sets of everything, tell me if this looks better...

Old 19-May-04, 05:53 AM   #75
Jaster
Dark Knight

Hey have you ever given Jaster Shrugs a shot?

Tags
abdominal muscles, added weight, adding mass, alternating curls, alternating db, awesome workout, bar curl, bar curls, barbell bench press, barbell bent, barbell curl, barbell curls, barbell row, barbell rows, barbell shrug, barbell shrugs, bell curls, bell press, bench dip, bench dips, bench max, bench press, bench presses, bicep workout, blood sugar, board press, board presses, body fat, body mass, body size, body weight, box squats, bruce lee, build muscle, building muscle, builds muscle, bulking cycle, burn fat, burning calories, burning fat, cable press, cable push, cable pushdown, cal diet, calf raise, calf raises, caloric deficit, caloric intake, calorie intake, candy bar, cardio routine, cardio workouts, catabolic state, cheat meal, cheat meals, chest area, chest workouts, chicken breast, chicken sandwich, clean diet, compound movement, compound movements, constructive criticism, conventional deadlift, conventional deadlifts, core strength, curl bar, cut fat, dead lift, dead lifts, decent workout, decline bench, deep breath, deep squat, digital camera, dip station, double overhand, dumbbell press, dumbbell presses, dumbbell shoulder, dumbbell shoulder press, dumbell press, eat carbs, eating properly, eating protein, endurance training, energy level, excess fat, exercise science, extra pounds, extra protein, extra rep, fat burn, fat burning, fat gains, fat intake, fat loss, felt heavy, felt strong, flat bench, flat bench press, flat dumbell, flat press, floor presses, food journal, gain muscle, gain strength, gain weight, gained muscle, gaining mass, gaining muscle, gaining strength, geared towards, gotta eat, green pepper, green veggie, green veggies, grip bench, grip bench press, grip lat, grip press, grip pull, grip pulldown, grip pulldowns, grip strength, grip training, hammer curl, hammer curls, heart rate, heavy deadlifts, heavy deads, heavy weights, heavy workout, higher carb, higher fat, higher protein, hiit cardio, hiit training, hours straight, ice cream, incline bb, incline bench, incline bench press, incline crunch, incline crunches, incline press, incline presses, increase strength, increased weight, insulin response, intense workout, intense workouts, intensity level, jaster shrug, jaster shrugs, joint pain, junk food, junk foods, keeping track, killer workout, lat pull, lat pulldown, late afternoon, lateral raise, lateral raises, lean body, lean body mass, lean mass, lean meats, lean muscle, lean muscle mass, lean tissue, left bicep, leg curl, leg dead, leg deadlift, leg strength, leg workout, lifting routine, lifting session, light headed, light weight, losing bodyfat, losing fat, low bf, low box, low cal, low calorie, low calories, lower bf, lower carb, maintain muscle, mass building, mass gain, mass gains, max squat, meal timing, military press, moderate cardio, moving forward, muscle building, muscle growth, muscle mass, normal routine, orange juice, overall strength, overhand grip, parallel squat, personal record, personal trainer, powerlifting routine, primary goal, progress pictures, proper form, protein content, protein intake, protein powder, protein shake, quick workout, rack pull, rack pulls, regular bench, retain water, reverse fly, reverse flyes, ronnie coleman, rope pulldowns, rope pushdowns, scale weight, serious weight, short workout, shoulder injury, shoulder joint, shoulder press, shoulder workout, skinny fat, skull crushers, slow twitch, squat position, squat rack, standing bb, standing calf raise, standing calf raises, stationary bike, stay focused, stiff leg, stiff leg deadlift, stiff leg deadlifts, still learning, still sore, stop lifting, stop working, straight bar, straight bar curls, straight leg deadlift, straight leg deadlifts, straight line, strength endurance, strength gain, strength gains, strength train, strength training, strict diet, strict form, style training, super heavy, tough workout, training program, tri workout, tricep cable, tricep pushdowns, upper body, upright row, upright rows, usually eat, vegetable oil, wait till, water retention, weight bench, weight gain, weight loss, weighted crunch, weighted crunches, wheat bread, whey protein, wide grip, wide grip pull, width apart, workout meal, workout partner, workout routine, workout session