Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Nutrition and Supplementation > Diet and Nutrition

Diet and Nutrition Discuss the best diets for both losing and gaining weight. Sub forum: Related Recipes

Old 03-Jun-03, 06:45 PM   #16
DaRkAnGel

Send a message via AIM to DaRkAnGel Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkAnGel
The protein amounts stay at 33 grams per meal... is this to keep your math consistent so that you can just calculate the ratio you want easier?
DaRkAnGel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-Jun-03, 07:16 PM   #17
cursor
[ exSiteMgr ]

In this particular case (2000 calories) the number of protein grams per meal (5-meal plan) turns out to be 33 grams (to maintain a 33% of total daily calories). If you were to increase the calories, or eat different number of meals, the 33 grams of protein per meal would obviously change.

Does that make sense? Did I understand your question right?
cursor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Jan-04, 09:06 PM   #18
experiment

Wow what a thread. I can't belive the actual thread starter disappeared after all the hard work and time cursor put into his meal plan. I was wondering if this meal plan would be good for me. I am 5' 8" weigh about 187 and I should be weighing about 155-175 . My bodyfat is about 20%+. I have been eating more sensible these past 2 weeks but with nowhere near as much detail as cursors post. I want to get to that level and will have a scale comming in soon to help me with that. I am on my second week of Max-Ot weight traning and plan on starting cardio next monday about 2-3 times a week.

In a nutshell I am fat and I have looked and Looked and Looked for a good caloric intake to lose weight but not punish my body or slow down my metabolism and I keep comming up with different scenarios. 1500 too litel 2000 will keep me the same more than that will make me fatter blah blah. I want to try and foloow this diet posted here to a T but I am not even sure if its right for me. How do I know? I don't have 2+ hours a day for researching either so it makes things harder for me
experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jan-04, 12:26 AM   #19
Bronco

Cursor is a great guy ;-)
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jan-04, 12:38 AM   #20
Brewsky

No doubt Cursor is a fine person who wants to help people.

Cursor, what goals are you working toward right now. I remember a while back you did a bulk cycle, but I haven't seen anything sense?
Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jan-04, 07:18 PM   #21
cursor
[ exSiteMgr ]

I'm constantly toying with food/exercise volume and timing. Trying to get the most from the least.

Push your limits define aggressive goals
____________c u r s o r__
_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 20-Jan-04, 07:27 PM   #22
sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursor
I'm constantly toying with food/exercise volume and timing. Trying to get the most from the least.
Just wondering why you don't have a journal?
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jan-04, 08:06 PM   #23
cursor
[ exSiteMgr ]

I do ... I just keep track elsewhere. To enter it all here would be duplication for me. I wish I had the time, but I don't.

_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 20-Jan-04, 08:18 PM   #24
Wolfnatas

I for one would be fascinated to read a detailed account of one of your days, Cursor. Most specifically the food you're eating when, and how much. Workouts are a dime a dozen, but a finely tuned diet is much harder to achieve, and you've obviously mastered it. Can we con you out of one days worth of nutritional info?
Old 20-Jan-04, 08:32 PM   #25
ricohelms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnatas
I for one would be fascinated to read a detailed account of one of your days, Cursor. Most specifically the food you're eating when, and how much. Workouts are a dime a dozen, but a finely tuned diet is much harder to achieve, and you've obviously mastered it. Can we con you out of one days worth of nutritional info?
Yes please. I am very interested aswell.
Old 21-Jan-04, 09:52 AM   #26
ajarvis

Send a message via MSN to ajarvis Send a message via Yahoo to ajarvis
I'd be interested too, if you had the time of course.
Old 22-Jan-04, 09:59 AM   #27
Lady C
"I know squat"

Cursor says: I'm a little swamped right now, but I'll be happy to do that. Watch for it. Right now I have some computer & software problems that I have to resolve. (That's why I'm entering this post using my wife's ID. No network connection for some weird reason ... problem)

Last edited by cursor; 22-Jan-04 at 12:27 PM.
Lady C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Jan-04, 05:19 PM   #28
Wolfnatas

Now that you got the network problem resolved, we're patiently awaiting your detailed nutritional info for 1 day worth of eating.
Old 24-Jan-04, 09:49 PM   #29
cursor
[ exSiteMgr ]

Recommendations for Experiment
height: 68"
weight: 187-lbs ("I should be about 155-175")
body fat: **20%

Go ahead and start at 2000 calories a day. If you want to follow my recommended plan exactly, then please feel free. What's really important with any plan that you adopt is that you listen to your body (and the mirror). If you're not getting positive results then clearly changes to your workout program and/or your meal plan.

Additional recommendations that I might have for you can be found within these threads:
Slimming Down
Workout Timing and Diet Tactics
Workout day vs nonWorkout day
Creating a plan: workout & nutrition

_________
Old 24-Jan-04, 09:52 PM   #30
cursor
[ exSiteMgr ]

As far as posting a day's worth of food for me is concerned, Wolfnatas, I'll probably be doing that within Cursor's Corner. I'll make every effort to lay it out in a way that it makes clear sense. That generally requires a bit a careful formatting. Watch for it.

_________

Tags
activity schedule, bell pepper, belly fat, body fat, body mass, body responds, body weight, build muscle, burn calories, calf raise, caloric intake, chest press, chicken breast, chicken sandwich, credit card, daily cal, daily calorie, daily calories, diet tactics, energy expenditure, exercise plan, fat loss, gain muscle, gain muscle mass, gain weight, grain bread, intensity level, keeping track, lean body, lean body mass, lean mass, lying db, meal plan, miracle whip, mixed nuts, muscle mass, myoplex deluxe, nutritional info, premier member, romaine lettuce, scale weight, shoulder press, standing db, term goal, weight lift, weight lifting, workout program, workout timing