Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals > Progress Pictures

Progress Pictures Use this forum to show others your progress.

Old 23-Aug-04, 03:44 PM   #31
Only13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostMuscle
Errrr........No, thats a new one for me. But thanks for the comments!! LOL :
Lol sorry, I thought you did
Only13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Aug-04, 05:34 PM   #32
Todd
Roll'n On 28's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axion
Why are you drinking 2 gallons of water a day? Is it somehow related to the cutting process because that is a lot of water.
When cutting, an elevated water intake is even more vital, to remain fully hydrated when calories are being reduced. Cutting can and is hard on your system, your muscles are being depleted of glycogen (carbs) and in order for your muscles to function optimally in this state, water intake is super important....especially during the last few weeks when in pre-contest mode.

Making sure your muscles are full of water and that your system is fully hydrated also primes your body for the final nutrient manipulation that takes place the final week before the contest, which is also extremely important.

And if MostMuscle is going to be using sodium and/or potassium loading/depleting during the final week, then drinking 2 gallons+ before the final week's water intake tapering is of utmost importance, so these manipulations have the effect hoped for.

PS: Looks like it's all coming together nicely MostMuscle! Good luck with the rest of your pre-contest diet and conditioning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Todd; 23-Aug-04 at 05:37 PM.
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Aug-04, 05:58 PM   #33
MostMuscle
Site Moderator

Send a message via MSN to MostMuscle
Much thanks Todd. Most people are in a constant state of dehydration, with thirst being an indication of stage two dehydration. Everyone should be chugging water down constantly, precontest or not.
MostMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Aug-04, 11:05 AM   #34
Todd
Roll'n On 28's

I agree most definitely!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 30-Aug-04, 09:42 PM   #35
LINDA

Really nice work on your contest preparation! :

You are lookin' good!

LINDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-04, 08:26 AM   #36
MostMuscle
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat
Really nice work on your contest preparation! :

You are lookin' good!
Appreciate the comments. Right now I am bumping up my calories because in the past 7-10 days I have lost 6 lbs which is way too fast. I guess I miscalculated my calorie intake vs expenditure and cut my carbs way too low. There is always a bit of experiementation and I still have plenty of time left to make corrections.

Thanks again.
Old 31-Aug-04, 01:24 PM   #37
Todd
Roll'n On 28's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostMuscle
Appreciate the comments. Right now I am bumping up my calories because in the past 7-10 days I have lost 6 lbs which is way too fast. I guess I miscalculated my calorie intake vs expenditure and cut my carbs way too low. There is always a bit of experiementation and I still have plenty of time left to make corrections.

Thanks again.
Hey I hear ya... I too had a couple of weeks where I lost 3-4 pounds per week (too much), and had to adjust slightly. Sucks because, once it's gone, it's gone, but at least you can prevent more from coming off too quickly.

It's all a learning process, from when you first begin the dieting down to the weeks after the comp is all done. You learn tons! Good luck with the rest of your conditioning...look forward to seeing some pre and post comp pics! :

Old 31-Aug-04, 01:58 PM   #38
MostMuscle
Site Moderator

I'll get it back. Since it was due to my carb drop, the drop in weight is mainly due to glycogen and water...no worries.

Thanks!!
Old 02-Sep-04, 10:47 AM   #39
MostMuscle
Site Moderator

Guys/Gals........wish me luck...I live in Miami and we have a hurricane bearing down on us......hopefully its not that bad. If so, my plans to compete may have to be put off to deal with the reality of a natural disaster.
Old 02-Sep-04, 11:57 AM   #40
Todd
Roll'n On 28's

Hey man, I heard about that hurricane...definitely be careful and good luck ...I hope it misses you. And I definitely hope that your contest plans are not altered by this...are you going to continue to peak anyways even if the contest doesn't go off? Make sure to take pics regardless....but safety first bro, I hope the storm doesn't hit.

Old 02-Sep-04, 12:10 PM   #41
yahweh76

I live in the Tampa Bay area and we dodged Charley's bullets a couple weeks back. Frances is supposed to be even more monstrous. Stay safe and take care.
yahweh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-04, 09:18 AM   #42
MostMuscle
Site Moderator

After 3 days of being inside and riding out the storm, I am happy to say I am back on the competition track with little damage (both to the house and the progress).

Thanks again for the support!
Old 07-Sep-04, 09:06 AM   #43
MostMuscle
Site Moderator

Tood...what sort of tanning products do you use for competition?
Old 08-Sep-04, 11:47 AM   #44
Todd
Roll'n On 28's

Here is what i did for all my tanning and the products I used....

The following is assuming your contest or prejudging is on a Saturday....

I began tanning in a booth for a couple of weeks before the contest to get a slight base tan, then I went and got an air brushed spray tan applied to me twice within 4 days (the first time on the Sunday before the contest, the 2nd application 2 days later - Tuesday before the comp), this gave me an even better base tan and darkened me up adequately for the Pro Tan to be applied in multiple coats.

I started applying Pro Tan on Wednesday night with 1 coat that night. On Thursday night, I applied another solid coat, and then on Friday night (the night before the contest), I applied another coat in my hotel room. Have your woman or a friend apply all coats for you in order to get an even job done, and to make it go quicker. Saturday morning was my prejudging so I just did touch ups in the hotel room before heading backstage. Backstage I applied some Dream Tan all over which gives an awesome finish before stepping out on stage. I also used Dream Tan to touch-up any spots that may have rubbed off or streaked. (Make sure to use small dabs of Dream Tan at a time...apply dime-sized dabs of Dream Tan here and there only, because it does not take very much to cover a large area...apply it little by little and rub it in lightly to cover as much area as possible with each little dab.)

Right before pumping up, I applied Hot Stuff all over to bring out the vascularity and it gives a kicks ass sheen to your skin. If you use Hot Stuff, you don't need Pam, or any posing oil, this stuff looks and works great! It burns like hell on the skin, but it works, believe me! Have someone pat it lightly into your skin, NOT rub it in. Spray it on and then pat it in lightly so you don't smear your Pro Tan and/or Dream Tan. Pump up, then go kick ass and show them what you've got!

When is your contest day?

Last edited by Todd; 08-Sep-04 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-Sep-04, 07:59 AM   #45
MostMuscle
Site Moderator

Todd.....how many bottles of Pro Tan did you need? Is one 8.5 oz bottle good enough?

Tags
activity levels, bench press, body reacts, caloric intake, calorie intake, carb load, carb loading, carb meal, chicken breast, chicken breasts, complex carb, complex carbs, constructive criticism, daily cal, daily caloric, digital camera, dumbell row, eat carbs, energy level, energy levels, fat loss, flax oil, goal weight, grip lat, half hour, hip flexor, hour nap, interval training, lat pull, lean mass, lean muscle, lift heavier, loading phase, mass gain, muscle development, muscle mass, nutritional info, pound gain, protein intake, protein shake, rear delts, red wine, shoulder blades, stay focused, stay healthy, strength gain, strength gains, target weight, water retention, water weight, weight class