Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals

Online Journals Keep an online workout journal so we can all learn and share ideas. Sub forum: Progress Pictures

Old 30-Apr-05, 05:58 AM   #61
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhale
"one week off, my freaking ASS!"

Is it getting saggy again?

Nice workout though.

thank you! =D

no, the ass is still high and tight - but i got the twitchies so bad that one night i had to get up and run around the block twice at 2am before i could get any sleep!
threenorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Apr-05, 05:48 PM   #62
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

Arms today - we don't do abs at the gym, so we did the usual at home. day two of Max OT and i'm still lovin' it! =D

Straight bar curls:
5 x 12
5 x 10
35 x 6 (too light)
45 x 3
55 x 1
45 x 4 (55 too heavy)
45 x 5
alternating DB curls:
20 x 6
25 x 4 (needed spot on the last one)
cable curls:
50 x 6 (way too easy)
cable push-downs:
40 x 12
40 x 10
60 x 6
80 x 3
100 x 1
110 x 2
100 x 4 (this is still heavier than my previous best of 90)
100 x 6
lying tricep extension:
15 x 6
20 x 4 (really hard: could only do 2, rest, then 3 with left arm)
barbell wrist curls:
45 x 8 (way too easy)
65 x 8 (too easy)
DB wrist curls:
25 x 8 (too easy)

Last edited by threenorns; 30-Apr-05 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-May-05, 02:28 PM   #63
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

shoulders and traps today:

military press (machine, since the BB station was in use):
25 x 12
25 x 10
40 x 6
55 x 3
70 x 1
70 x 6 (ouch)
85 x 4
85 x 4
seated DB press:
25 x 6 (a bit too easy)
30 x 4
standing side lats:
15 x 6 (WAY too easy)
20 x 6 (watch the form!)
BB shrugs:
115 x 6 (WAY too easy)
185 x 6 (still too easy)
upright row:
45 x 6 (total waste of time)
65 x 6 (not bad)
Old 02-May-05, 01:40 PM   #64
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

back today - a REALLY good workout!

pull-downs (as recommended, using wide-grip angle bar, but gripping just before the bend: it really is a lot easier on the shoulders):
50 x 12
50 x 10
70 x 6
80 x 3
90 x 1
100 x way too easy 6
110 x easy 6
120 x 5
straight bar seated cable row - i stacked the machine!!! yay me!
250 x easy 6
290 x easy 6 --- will have to pin plates to the stack next week.
good mornings: these were scary..
95 x 6
115 x 6 -- it was even more scary. i'm not used to doing these with any kind of weight, so i put the barbell where it would be for a squat. i'm thinking that's probably not right.
weighted hyperextensions:
45 x way too easy 6
60 x easy 6 - next time, start with the 75lb dumbbell
my back actually feels thicker and wider, lol!

Last edited by threenorns; 02-May-05 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-May-05, 01:46 PM   #65
Lady C
"I know squat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by threenorns
i'm not used to doing these with any kind of weight, so i put the barbell where it would be for a squat. i'm thinking that's probably not right
That is the correct way to do them. Don't get excited to get lots of weight on them. Take it easy until you are comfortable.
Lady C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-May-05, 01:49 PM   #66
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

oh, i'm really comfy doing them with the dummy bar (a wooden broomstick), lol!

i started with the standard bar, but that was so easy it was ridiculous. so i slapped on quarters and it was still easy, but the sensation of my shoulders being forced to the ground was really freaky. bill was there and kept his hands just below my upper chest so if something funky happened, i wouldn't've gotten hurt.
Old 03-May-05, 08:02 PM   #67
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

today was supposed to be chest, but we had more govt s--t to deal with, so we spent the day noodling around the city. it's a 45min drive, so no point wasting it.

because of the large number of good reviews on this site, we picked up a bucket of optimum nutrition whey protein as well as another bottle of BHCl for his gut. did a bit of groceries, checked out all kinds of stores. bought him a pair of celtic-style silver earrings (they look fabulous!).

at a makeup store, he talked me into getting a makeover and then wanted buy me the makeup (to the tune of some 80-odd bucks! ). the colours he picked looked good, but it's been too long and the whole sensation was so freaky, i had to get it off my face - i felt like i was suffocating. i told him to give me a bit more time and a few more pounds and for the love of all the gods, not to waste that kind of money on MAKEUP, of all things. then he threatened me with a necklace/earring set - waste of money, i told him, since i NEVER wear jewellry. i feel like donkey wearing a hat. i told him if he wanted to buy me a present, i could use a new video card and if he was feeling stupidly generous, a new mobo with cpu and RAM. or a dvd burner - i could use one of those, too.

damn, i'm in sorry shape....

how do i get back into all this girlie s--t? he rolled his eyes at me and said it was hard getting close to a female who can out-macho any guy in town. i didn't think i was THAT bad.... what's so wrong with liking to fix cars and computers and stuff? it's not as if i smoke cigars and crush beer cans against my forehead, after all. i don't smoke or do drugs and i'm a VERY careful social tippler (being alchoholic and all).

but he's got a point - i used to have a LOT of fun dressing up in miniskirts and wearing stiletto heels (now they call them "stripper heels", or so i understand - the 4" - 6" jobs) and dramatic makeup and so on. now, my idea of going wild is back-to-back CSI.

Last edited by threenorns; 03-May-05 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-May-05, 08:28 PM   #68
.V.

Somebody likes you. He want's to date you.

Now hit him up for a lite-on burner. They are the best I've had so far for the money. Don't waste any on the DL stuff - the media is too expensive.
Old 03-May-05, 08:52 PM   #69
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_welch503
Somebody likes you. He want's to date you.

Now hit him up for a lite-on burner. They are the best I've had so far for the money. Don't waste any on the DL stuff - the media is too expensive.
actually, we live together, lol! supposed to be roomies, but he puts out some very confusing and conflicting signals. long story.

i have a cd-burner - LG. i really like LG: good quality, some very innovative products, and reasonably priced (esp since i have a retailer number that lets me skip the GST and access wholesale prices, lol!)
Old 04-May-05, 12:31 PM   #70
Xhale

*sniff* threenorns is all grown up *sniff* I'm so proud.

When he sends you mixed signals just ignore him for a few days and make sure you're not always available when he calls.
Because if a guy is buying you make up he's either:
1) Gay
2) Rich
3) Hoping to get sweaty

If it's option 2 or 3 you know what to do (hopefully anyway)

And don't worry about the "Macho girl" tendencies, it's either a part of your personality and you need to accept that, everyones diffrent it's just a part of life. But if you're actually a girly girl, and you might actually be one under all those oil stains it'll take some time to get used to a style change.
Old 04-May-05, 03:49 PM   #71
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

hard to ignore him when he calls if we're living in the same apartment, lol!

yeah, sometimes he acts like he wants to get jiggy with it, but other times he acts like i'm toxic. i just say fuggit - whatever - knock yourself out, buddy.
Old 04-May-05, 06:11 PM   #72
arbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by threenorns

yeah, sometimes he acts like he wants to get jiggy with it, but other times he acts like i'm toxic.
Are u SURE he is not gay?? That sound so much like the way women behave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
arbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-May-05, 06:43 PM   #73
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

if it wasn't for all the women buzzing around, i'd think the same -- although that, thank goodness has drastically lowered ever since word got around that he's living with someone; now it's just the one girl and if she keeps calling a hundred times a day, she'll get turfed too.
Old 05-May-05, 08:41 AM   #74
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

chest today - it started out with moving furniture and other stuff from my ex's house. just to get two dressers out, i had to move a queen-sized bed, a king-sized bed, box spring, and frame, and two other dressers out, get the dressers out, then put the rest all back. the ex helped once i got the dressers out, but i had to put everything back myself.

loaded the pickup.

at my place, it was 13 trips up two flights of stairs carrying various bits of this 'n' that, the four-drawer dresser and the nine-drawer dresser, and the mirrors to go with them. bill helped carry the dressers up the stairs, but i unloaded the rest of the stuff before he got home from the girlfriend's.

one hour rest, then hit the gym....

flat BB bench press:
65 x 12
65 x 10
85 x 6
95 x 3
115 x 1
125 x 1, too heavy, so 115 x 4
120 x 4
120 x 4
incline DB bench press:
30 x 6 (waste of time)
35 x 6 (too easy)
40 x 4 (difficult: my arms are a bit weak, so i was convinced i was gonna drop them on my head any second!)
couldn't do dips whatsoever, so substituted pec deck:
115 x an easy 6
130 x a sloppy 4
Old 07-May-05, 10:12 AM   #75
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

shoulders today - pulled my neck out this morning, so didn't do traps, but shoulders were okay:

machine military press:
25 x 12
25 x 10
40 x 6
55 x 3
70 x 1
85 x 6
85 x 4 (didn't rest long enough)
85 x 6
seated DB press:
30 x 6
30 x 5 (left arm burned out halfway up)
standing side lats:
20 x 6
20 x 6
no workout partner today (again). i guess this is the way it's going to be, which really sucks because there isn't anyone else at the gym i can work out with. they're either paired up already, or we don't "click". biggest problem is that i can really only work out with guys - the women that can work out at my level are kinda wierd and basically loners (say "hi" and they stare at you like you're a bug under a microscope). the guys won't work out with me because of bill's possessive behaviour in the past and also because it's "just not done" around here.

i gotta move to a city that's more up-to-date.... somewhere where they've heard that Queen Victoria is dead and that it's okay for women to expose their ankles in public.

Tags
alternating db, apple juice, arm workout, assisted pull, assisted pullups, baked chicken, bar curl, bar curls, barbell bench press, barbell curl, barbell curls, barbell press, barbell row, barbell rows, barbell shrug, barbell shrugs, barbell wrist, barbell wrist curls, bell curls, bell press, bench press, bench presses, bicep curl, bicep curls, bicep workout, biceps curls, blood pressure, blood sugar, body fat, body weight, body workout, boiled eggs, box squats, brisk walk, brisk walking, brown rice, bulking cycle, burning fat, cable cross, cable crunch, cable crunches, cable curl, cable curls, cable press, cable pressdown, cable pull, cable push, cable pushdown, cable rope, cable rope crunches, cable row, cable rows, calf press, calf raise, calf raise machine, calf raises, carb cycling, cardio routine, cardio training, chest press, chest presses, chicken breast, chicken broth, chicken salad, connective tissue, crunch machine, dead lift, dead lifts, decline bb, decline bench, decline bench press, decline crunch, deep breath, double overhand, drinking water, dumbbell press, dumbbell presses, eat carbs, eat properly, eating disorder, elliptical trainer, energy level, energy levels, exercise plan, exercise routine, extension machine, fall asleep, fast food, fat loss, fitness test, flat barbell, flat barbell bench, flat bench, flat bench press, food journal, football team, gaining muscle, grain bread, green veggie, green veggies, grilled chicken, grip bench, grip bench press, grip lat, grip press, grip pull, gym membership, half hour, hammer curl, hammer curls, hanging leg, hanging leg raise, hanging leg raises, head press, heart rate, heavy squats, high protein, higher rep, higher weight, higher weights, hip abduction, hip abductor, hip adduction, hot dogs, hour nap, hours sleep, ice cream, incline barbell, incline bench, incline crunch, incline crunches, incline db, incline dumbbell press, incline fly, incline press, knee wraps, lat pull, lat pulldown, lat pulls, leaning forward, leg curl, leg extension, leg lift, leg lifts, leg press, leg routine, leg workout, lesson learned, light cardio, light weight, local gym, losing fat, losing weight, low body, low body fat, low cable, low carb, lying leg curl, lying leg curls, lying tricep, lying tricep extension, military barbell press, military press, moderate pace, muscle mass, muscular endurance, optimum nutrition, overhand grip, overhead press, particular exercise, preacher curl, proper form, protein bar, protein consumption, protein daily, protein shake, pumping iron, raise machine, ranch dressing, rear delts, red wine, regular bench, resting heart, resting heart rate, reverse crunch, reverse curls, reverse hypers, reverse pec, rope crunches, salad dressing, seated cable row, seated cable rows, seated row, serious weight, shoulder press, shoulder workout, skim milk, skull crushers, smith machine, sore throat, standing cable, standing calf raise, static hold, stiff leg, stiff legs, still sore, still working, stop eating, straight bar, straight bar curls, three hours, tire flip, training journal, tricep ext, tricep extension, tricep extensions, tricep pushdowns, tsk tsk, upper body, upright row, upright rows, wait till, water weight, weight loss, weighted cable, weighted cable crunches, weighted crunch, weighted crunches, weighted decline, weighted hyperextension, weighted sit, weighted situps, wheat bread, whey protein, wide grip, wide stance, wider grip, wider stance, working legs, workout partner, workout shake, workout tonight, wrist curls