Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Forum Information > Support & Troubleshooting

Support & Troubleshooting Need support or having trouble using our site? This is the place to post your questions so fellow members can help you out

View Poll Results: Would you use a DF tool that would connect workout partners in various cities?
I'd check it frequently for possible matches. 19 32.76%
I'd check it out once in awhile. 17 29.31%
It's not something that I use very often. 5 8.62%
I would never use it. 17 29.31%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 102 votes, 2.48 average. Display Modes
Old 18-Mar-05, 08:40 PM   #1
sillyme

Workout-partner matching service

DF gets a TON of uniques daily. Why not start an area on the site where folks can post for workout partners. You know, "Intermediate body builder seeks same for intense lifting sessions in X city. Serious inquiries only, no scammers".

I think a thread/board where we could post such things would be an awesome service. And, if you want I may be willing to set it up probono. I would just use hack a script that I already have. Let me know what you think. What type of hosting do you have, is it cpanel?
sillyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-Apr-05, 08:27 AM   #2
Azanmi

Send a message via AIM to Azanmi Send a message via MSN to Azanmi Send a message via Yahoo to Azanmi
Talking

Great idea. I've seen that used elsewhere and it works well. I was toying with the idea of adding a PHPBB2 board on one of my domains just for that purpose. Let me know if you guys need any space/help. I have plenty of extra bandwidth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Azanmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Apr-05, 09:14 AM   #3
cursor
[ exSiteMgr ]

Do you really think this would get much use? To me, it seems that given the number of regularly participating members we have, matching up with someone else in the same city would be a stretch. Hey, but what do I know. What do you think?

Push your limits define aggressive goals
____________c u r s o r__
_________
cursor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Apr-05, 11:06 AM   #4
Azanmi

Send a message via AIM to Azanmi Send a message via MSN to Azanmi Send a message via Yahoo to Azanmi
I think maybe more people will become members if they see this... what do you think?

Azanmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Apr-05, 03:51 PM   #5
sillyme

Yeah, I don't know if it will get alot of use or not. It would pretty easy to develop using a proprietary script. I don't want to do it if you thing it will be a dog, though.

On another web site I've recently found a workout partner this way, and I"m totally stoked about it.
sillyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Apr-05, 05:20 PM   #6
cursor
[ exSiteMgr ]

Let's see if we can get some input from other members. I'll turn this into a poll.

Push your limits define aggressive goals
____________c u r s o r__
_________
cursor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Jul-05, 05:13 PM   #7
Mr Ian

I dont know about that for this sight. No offense to this sight (I love it), but its more like a small little community. There really isnt a whole lot of people posting on it. Its usually the same X amount of people. I think that it would be a good idea for a very BIG websight, but this is too small of a community for that. Maybe It would attract people, but at the same time how are you going to get them here?
Mr Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jul-05, 11:26 AM   #8
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Send a message via Yahoo to Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursor
Do you really think this would get much use? To me, it seems that given the number of regularly participating members we have, matching up with someone else in the same city would be a stretch. Hey, but what do I know. What do you think?
This might be a way to minimize the turnover rate around here sir.

Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jul-05, 11:41 AM   #9
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

hey - i NEED to find a workout partner around here. i'm no good when i'm working with beginners - i have to focus too much on what they're doing and making sure they're spotting correctly, etc.
threenorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jul-05, 12:04 PM   #10
Andy R

I think this is a terrific idea. there are so many little tools we can add to the site to 'bring things together'. If you break it down to the who, what, when, where, and how (much) it could be pretty impressive to see what we are doing collectively and individually.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-Aug-05, 11:35 AM   #11
.V.

I don't go out of town much, but when I do, it might be a handy little tool.
Old 08-Aug-05, 12:24 PM   #12
AnnaD - TX

i think its a wonderful idea. I have met up with other members on another board, everything turned out great for me.
AnnaD - TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-Aug-05, 06:00 PM   #13
.V.

Just be sure to NOT reply to any of the following:

6'6" musclebound male axe murderer looking for 5'0" petite female workout partner. Prefers to work out late at night in a dark alley gym with no one around.

I would suspect that he would be up to no good.
Old 08-Aug-05, 06:59 PM   #14
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_welch503
Just be sure to NOT reply to any of the following:

6'6" musclebound male axe murderer looking for 5'0" petite female workout partner. Prefers to work out late at night in a dark alley gym with no one around.

I would suspect that he would be up to no good.

soooo.... you're saying i should cancel.
threenorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-Aug-05, 07:03 PM   #15
.V.

No, no - I'll still be there - I don't want to be alone. That alleyway basement room is pretty scary.

Tags
body builder, lifting session, workout partner