Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals > Progress Pictures

Progress Pictures Use this forum to show others your progress.

Old 28-Jun-05, 02:57 PM   #16
killerduck

Send a message via MSN to killerduck
f**king great s**t
Old 28-Jun-05, 03:31 PM   #17
maverick
missin the gym

I can tell you PRECISELY what I ate every single day. That was kind of the key, consistency.

Meal 1: 1 whole egg + 4 whites w/ ketchup, 1/2 cup of oatmeal
Meal 2: Carb/Protein bar (~250 calories), banana
WORKOUT
Meal 3: 1 scoop whey, 40g dextrose/maltodextrin
Meal 4: 350 calorie MRP (45C/35P/20F ratio)
Meal 5: salmon/tuna wrap w/ salsa and lettuce OR salmon/tuna w/ LOTS of steamed veggies (like broccoli or cauliflower)
CARDIO
Meal 6: Chicken breast, more steamed veggies, salad w/ FF dressing
Meal 7: Homemade shake -> 1 scoop whey, 1 cup FF cottage cheese, 4 oz. low carb/sugar (2g) yogurt, 1/2 cup water, handful of ice cubes

All in all about 2300-2400 calories. Tack on 3-5 guerilla cardio sessions a week and 4-5 days of weight training sort of Max-OT style and you have my formula.

I'm not sure what the macronutrient split is precisely, but as you can see, carbs are generally only used when needed. Anytime other than the morning or around my workout, its all veggies. Looking back, I wish I never would have had the wraps as they did not fill me as much as a big tub of steamed broccoli.

Also, protein at every meal, thats key to getting enough in without pushing calorie limits during the cut. I probably should have had a bit more fat, but I figured between the meat protein sources, the egg, the MRP (which included flax), and the salmon, I'd be OK. Perhaps again it would have been easier to get a bit more in if I had eaten more steamed veggies from the get go.

Things I will change for next time (You may find this more useful):
- No more protein bars, hald of its useless sugar alcohol or worse, actual sugar. 1/2 cup of oatmeal and a scoop of whey or some egg whites will be better and more filling.
- More veggies. Real low-cal ones too like lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, and sometimes carrots. Lots of other they slip some sugar in, like corn.
- I'm gonna try cardio at 65% of MHR for 30-60 minutes next time around instead of intervals. I wanna know for sure whats best for me.
- Bigger pre-workout meal. I'd have to shave a couple calories somewhere else, but I could tell I needed more fuel a couple times in the gym.
- No more MRPs. It may have a perfect macronutrient balance, but it didn't keep me very full. Plus it gave me terrible gas

Probably more than you were looking for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Jun-05, 03:38 PM   #18
Klinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick
Probably more than you were looking for
Not at all. In fact, I'm clipping it and saving it. Thanks man!
Old 28-Jun-05, 05:09 PM   #19
Firehawk
PowerLifter

Send a message via Yahoo to Firehawk
You look great dude.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Jun-05, 05:43 PM   #20
Vas85

Send a message via MSN to Vas85
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
wow, if i had a body like that, i would stop buying t-shirts.
i'd totally agree!!! holy sh*t thats progress!!... you can even see the christmas tree in your back thats how shredded you are, and awesome gains everywhere triceps the works while cutting even more! truly kickass.

You know what i noticed too, i don't know what nationality you are now, but you definitely look more like a russian kgb operative or something with you're more golden tan! keep it up bro, this is inspirational and a half!.
Old 28-Jun-05, 06:02 PM   #21
maverick
missin the gym

I can thank a trip to Phoenix for the glow.

KGB, huh? Perhaps a career move is in order... comrade.

Old 28-Jun-05, 06:08 PM   #22
maverick
missin the gym

BTW, thanks you guys for the support and encouragment. I get very little from the people in my life (particularly the fiancee). It really means a lot.

Ah hell, I went and got a bit too sappy. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go listen to ACDC and deadlift.

Old 28-Jun-05, 06:12 PM   #23
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

<pats you commiseratingly on the back and passes a brew>
threenorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Jul-05, 02:08 AM   #24
Streetman

Quote:
BTW, thanks you guys for the support and encouragment. I get very little from the people in my life (particularly the fiancee). It really means a lot.

Ah hell, I went and got a bit too sappy. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go listen to ACDC and deadlift.
Congrats on the progress. Where are you going to go from here? Bulk more?

And sorry to hear about the fiancee. I've found that until the people around you go through it, they don't, won't, and cannot understand. The trick is getting them involved. My girlfriend, thank God, supported and supports me 100%. It makes it so much easier/better. I repaid her by getting her in the gym. No, I didn't force it on her. Just told her (again, and again, and again...) how great I feel post workout. I'm finding, for the ladies, it's all about the emotion. The "toning" (as they call it) is really secondary to their feelings. See if you can hook her on the feeling. I know, tough task.

But there's nothing hotter than my chick throwing around free weights and sweating on benches in the gym next to me. Well, aside from when she rips on the other chicks doing light weight on machines while talking to other ladies and watching Ellen.

Hook her on it, man!
Streetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jul-05, 12:53 AM   #25
mrzool
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mrzool Send a message via Yahoo to mrzool
Quote:
This should give motivation to many, validity to my advice, and a boost to my ego .
_
_[/color]
All i gotta say is WOOOOOOOOOW! nice work. just a quick question how much weight did you gain
mrzool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jul-05, 06:00 AM   #26
MostMuscle
Site Moderator

Send a message via MSN to MostMuscle
Man you look great!
MostMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jul-05, 08:46 AM   #27
maverick
missin the gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzool
All i gotta say is WOOOOOOOOOW! nice work. just a quick question how much weight did you gain
During my bulk (if you could call it that) or overall? During my bulk, I went up to 184 from 174, so 10 pounds. It took me a long time to get the hang of it cause that is when I first started trying to get knowledgable about fitness and training. I was ending days with only like 2400 calories!

Wait til my next progress pictures, man. I'm gonna be a beast Since I've got a much better handle on my goals and how to achieve them, I'm trying to hit 200 lbs. with minimal allowance of fat gain. Nothing an 8-12 week cut couldn't fix. 3500-4100 CLEAN calories a day, depending on whether its a rest day, one weight training session, two weight training sessions, or a weight training session and cardio.

Old 21-Jul-05, 08:01 PM   #28
Mr Ian

looking TIGHT man!!!!!!! Good job!!!!!!!!!! Def. you deserve to not wear a T-shirt all summer
Mr Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Jul-05, 09:43 PM   #29
whiteblaze

Send a message via AIM to whiteblaze
sounds like you have a real handle on everything! I am still in that stage where I'm trying to figure out how my body works. But I really admire your perseverence! :

P.S. thanks for your advice in my post about my biceps!
whiteblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Jul-05, 09:48 PM   #30
Zoetastic
Usual Suspect

Send a message via Yahoo to Zoetastic
Holy crap! Mav.... you look fan flippin tastic!
good job!!!

Tags
body fat, body fat level, brad pitt, bruce lee, calorie restriction, carb load, chicken breast, clean calories, clean food, cup ff, cup water, eat protein, fat level, fight club, grip lat, healthy eating, high intensity, high intensity cardio, holy sh, ice cubes, lat pull, lat pulldown, lean muscle, leg press, light weight, lost fat, low bf, low carb, lower weight, macronutrient balance, muscle mass, pounds heavier, progress pictures, protein bar, protein source, protein sources, rope climb, steamed broccoli, steamed veggies, strength gain, strength gains, strength train, strength training, training sessions, weight loss, weight training, wide grip, workout journal, workout meal