Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals > Progress Pictures

Progress Pictures Use this forum to show others your progress.

Old 27-Sep-05, 09:29 AM   #31
threenorns
Hi Drama Queen

hmmmmm.... (picturing someone as strong as jaster but looking like todd)..... <sigh>
threenorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Sep-05, 01:51 PM   #32
cursor
[ exSiteMgr ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd
I think we all want to be as strong as Jaster....me included!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaster
And I want to look like Todd!
LOL ... "the grass is always greener", isn't it?

Push your limits define aggressive goals
____________c u r s o r__
_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cursor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Sep-05, 02:23 PM   #33
Todd
Roll'n On 28's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursor
YEP! LOL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Sep-05, 08:13 PM   #34
Jaster
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursor
Grass Grass!?!
All I see is Rag weed!!!! AAAAAaaaachhhoooo00000OOOOO!
LOL
Old 12-Apr-06, 02:47 PM   #35
.V.

I added some new pics dated 3/25/06 to my first post in this thread. Sadly, they are fat pics. I need to burn the fat this month and get some sun - they are kind of hard to see when you are as pale as I am.

Six months later after some "clean" eating. The camera is a great tool to evaluate and re-evaluate with. The tape tells me 12% - it's probably closer to 20. I worked my way up to around 3000 calories/day - about 300 over maintenance getting about 50% protien, 40% carbs (mostly complex), and 10% fat. Although I gained weight and got stronger, I'm pretty sure the weight gain was all fat. Definitely not worth the gastric distress I inflicted on myself to get there. Now I'm back to my controlled carb diet that I did well on before. Higher fat, lower carbs, make sure I get enough protein. Carb up days on leg/back day for enhanced recovery. Very low carbs on non-exercise days.
Old 29-Apr-06, 06:29 AM   #36
Psicosis

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this already but your chest just seems slightly outta proportion. You might wanna work on that a bit. But honestly, you look great man.
Psicosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Apr-06, 07:22 AM   #37
.V.

Seems a lot out of proportion to me. Yeah, it needs a lot of work - it doesn't grow well.
Old 29-Apr-06, 09:05 AM   #38
rangers97
I need a title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_welch503
Seems a lot out of proportion to me. Yeah, it needs a lot of work - it doesn't grow well.
DECLINE PRESSES Andy....Do these as your main chest movement and I will guarantee that your chest grows. A slight decline, like 15-20 degrees would be the best, but man, it is a great bodybuilding movement IMO despite what people say about lower chest, which we know is false, there is no lower chest, it will just develop your chest as a whole. The movement allows you to pretty much bench heavy with "elbows" out and completely nail the chest. The 295 decline I did yesterday felt like all chest to be honest with you, and despite some nasty DOMS this morning, no other discomfort at all....Try it :
Old 29-Apr-06, 09:18 AM   #39
.V.

I do 'em all, incline-decline, flat for 1.5 years...not much improvement, only a little. Hopefully my new program will allow me to eventually push more weight, which will allow it to grow more. If not, I'm gonna start trying hundreds of sets of low, low weight.
Old 29-Apr-06, 09:21 AM   #40
DaRkAnGel

Send a message via AIM to DaRkAnGel Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkAnGel
Closer to 20 percent my ass. Lookin good man.
DaRkAnGel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Apr-06, 10:46 AM   #41
maverick
missin the gym

Dark, if there's one thing I've learned about welch from reading his journal, its that he refuses to give himself credit for anything. He's his own biggest critic, which I think is what motivates him. Either that or he accidentally bought one of those carnival mirrors instead of a normal one and ACTUALLY sees a fat guy in the mirror.

In any case, I'm excited to see where you go from here. I repeatedly use you as an anonymous example of the fact that it can be done when you think you've reached that point where you are fat forever. And the example works. So not only should you give yourself a little credit for your achievements, but the handful of others' achievements I know personally that were inspired by your story.

Particularly one guy who's gone from a 200 pound deadlift to just hitting 3 plates a week ago in the course of like 3 months! He's taken to fitness in such a smart, paced, and consistent way that I wish I started as that way instead of going full throttle. I think I've said it before that I take as much pleasure out of a PR that I help someone attain as my own. Part of those PR's are yours too. :

maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Apr-06, 03:09 PM   #42
.V.

Guys, you are all very kind. I actually just try to stay honest with myself so that I don't get complacent. I do see the improvements, but I also see the flaws that I need to keep working on. Like the small chest...i need to work on that. The skinny arms - they still need work. The skinnier legs - lots of work to do there. The fat loss - I'm happy with that - just got to be careful not to get that way again. Right now, since I'm cutting - I hope to not lose too much strength, I've actually gained some this cut...hopefully this time I'll actually build a bit of muscle since I'm timing my carbs and using them a little smarter than just eliminating or overloading on them. The more time I spend with this, the more I learn about myself and how I respond, fail to respond, and overtrain.
Old 29-Apr-06, 10:59 PM   #43
maverick
missin the gym

Don't worry about small this or small that. We're both relatively small guys (I think we're both under 180, not sure what you're weighing in at lately), if muscle is the goal, we need it all over in equal proportion. You know the score, eat big, train heavy, and rest. I think whenever you are done cutting you will be in prime position to put on some solid muscle, if you're head is in it (and if its your goal). You're too afraid of the fat coming back.

maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-May-06, 06:34 PM   #44
lift2befit

You got my respect, keep up the good work, always give110%, dont let the bar drop.:
lift2befit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-May-06, 03:25 PM   #45
.V.

I added to the bottom of the first post. It is the "post cut pics". Results are both encouraging and discouraging. I am leaner than I was 2 months ago, but not lean enough to start a real bulking diet. I have managed to maintain my strength, even increase it a little on some lifts. Yes Brat, my chest is still small. I also included a picture of an ethiopian chicken with aids...my legs. Due to image resizing and hosting, they aren't that great, but you can still see what I've got to work with (not much) and still need to work on (everything). I can't even see the veins in my legs in the photos, they are there in person but just barely. I think I need some sun too.

I think since my strength is still increasing in spite of the time off, the triathalon, the overtraining episodes - I'll keep with the same nutrition plan for another month and see what happens. Then it will be time to see what kind of changes can happen with a PL workout and a PL diet (of course I'll cut again before I get too fat).

As always, honest opinions and specific evaluations are appreciated and helpful as I plan changes to routines and nutrition.

Last edited by .V.; 26-May-06 at 03:33 PM.

Tags
adding muscle, alternating db, baked potato, bench press, body fat, building muscle, cable crunch, cable press, cable pressdown, calf raise, calf raises, calorie intake, cardio exercise, chest routine, chicken breast, complex carb, complex carbs, constructive criticism, core strength, creatine shake, decline bench, decline bench press, domini sit semper, empty calories, fat gains, fat loss, fat stores, flat bench, flat bench press, gained weight, gaining fat, green veggie, green veggies, high intensity, high intensity cardio, higher fat, incline bench, incline bench press, incline press, incline presses, kneeling cable, lean steak, losing fat, low carb, lower carb, lower chest, mass builder, moderate intensity, moderate pace, mostly fat, muscle gain, muscle growth, muscle mass, pax domini sit, pound deadlift, protein shake, raisin bran, rear lat, resistance training, serious weight, shoulder press, sit semper vobiscum, solid muscle, spot reduce, stay motivated, strength train, strength training, tri ext, tricep cable, upright row, weight gain, weight loss, wheat bread, workout meal