Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals > Progress Pictures

Progress Pictures Use this forum to show others your progress.

Old 04-Jun-06, 11:37 PM   #46
Eric_B

Your lats and upper arms look much more impressive from the sep05 pics to the new ones.

You look to be in good shape already, I don't think a mild bulk would hurt you too much if you could find the right calorie intake for it. But if you're still interested in cutting up for the summer then go right ahead.

Keep up the hard work either way :
Current Bodyweight: 158 lbs.
Eric_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-Jun-06, 12:02 AM   #47
.V.

yeah, I need to bulk a lot but don't have enough abs yet. Trying to gain mass and lose fat at the same time is tough. Gaining fat and losing lbm would be so much easier. Just isn't fair.
Old 07-Jun-06, 11:58 AM   #48
Todd
Roll'n On 28's

I just took a look at your new pics taken in May, and man, I have to say you look good buddy!

I especially like your lower lats...you can really see how great your development is in your rear lat spread pic. Nice job! You got some pretty wide wings there!

Also, you got a nice long triceps head on your arms, which looks really impressive. Well, progression is the name of the game and we're all trying for the same thing here, so have fun with your next segment of slapping on new muscle. Enjoy the journey, that's what it's all about! :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Jun-06, 12:37 PM   #49
luke.w

I usually don't do this sort of thing but..........your legs aren't bad at all really, if anything there is alot of potential there, with some good efforts (ever do them sled drags yet?).

I say your in no postion to be worrying about bulking/cutting, that thinking is whats holding you up, eat right, eat clean, train heavy,train hard, eat big (but don't stuff your face like a pig, and stay away from the empty calories) and you'll fill out.
luke.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Jun-06, 12:50 PM   #50
.V.

Guys, thanks. Actually, I think May '06 looks worse than September '05. There is still much to be done. Keep working on building new muscle, new strength, not get too fat again. I'm on track for the medium range goal of being fit at 40 though.

And Luke, does dragging a lawnmower without wheels around the yard count? I don't have a sled but two old lawnmowers that I occasionally drag on GC day. Didn't want to throw them in the dump after the tree crushed them, so I saved them for parts and now drag them. Next time I start doing more cardio, I'll probably drag more...I actually enjoy it, I didn't think I would, but I do.
Old 07-Jun-06, 02:10 PM   #51
luke.w

good dragging methods to add size to the legs are, BACKWARDS drags, HEAVY,HEAVY,HEAVY, use a load that will have your legs screaming at 100' go further, rest, repeat, rest, repeat, make a harness and drag it uphill (front drags,uphill, great for the hammies, and calves) (both hit the calves nice) and grass always helps.
Old 07-Jun-06, 02:33 PM   #52
.V.

Thanks Luke. I've actually only been dragging forward. I'll give backwards a try next time I drag. I thought it would be cheating but you know way more about strength training than I do.

I don't have a real harness, just one I made from some webbing and caribiners. Webbing, caribiners, chains, static kernmantle, paracord - lots of this stuff around here so I make due with that. I've got to stop snipping bits of my kernmantle rope off though, or next rappelling trip I may come up a little short.
Old 07-Jun-06, 03:11 PM   #53
luke.w

i don't see how it would cheating as backwards is harder, when I drag backwards a use a pulley handle to hold onto.

my sled is just a wooden pallet (I got from work, you can find them anywhere) and I nailed a peice of styrene to it (only because I drag in grass, the styrene keeps the grass from getting beat-up and the hame owners assciation has no clue: just through some weight in there and you have yourself a sled, rememeber though HEAVY DRAGS, none of that 5min stuff for size.
Old 07-Jun-06, 03:19 PM   #54
.V.

OK, using a handle instead of a harness. Gotcha.:

Next leg day I'll just add some dragging. I have no idea what the mowers weigh, but they are pretty heavy. A handle will make it harder. Thanks.
Old 08-Jun-06, 08:05 AM   #55
luke.w

add sled drags too the leg day???????, doing these the way I'm thinking for bodybuilding/strength would be to have the drags as your leg/low-body day.

Adding the drags along with squats or whatever else your doing, you'll (maybe pretty quickly) use the old "this just doesn't work for me" bit.

incorporating sled drags into a bodybuilding/strength program will be pretty dang successful this way- sleddrags once every other week, using the other weeks for squats,good mornings, and any other varation of the squat and deadlift (ususally 1-2 exercises, for a couple of hard working sets).
Old 14-Jun-06, 08:12 AM   #56
LINDA

You keep sneaking updates in this thread.

Be proud! Start a new thread to announce the updates so we can all stay motivated by your progress!

WTG!:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LINDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-Aug-06, 12:23 PM   #57
BeFittr

Wow! That's impressive work. Keep it up.

--------------------------------------------
- ddh
http://www.befittr.com
BeFittr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Aug-06, 03:57 AM   #58
Certifiedp

Great work losing all that weight. I agree the chest needs some mass, But I think you should build up your legs. By building up large muscle groups such as your legs, you will also burn more calories through out the day and maintain a lean ripped look overall.

Keep up the good work
Old 12-Aug-06, 02:07 PM   #59
.V.

Good points. Right now my legs - especially my weak glutes and hams are the primary focus of my workouts - I still look like I'm riding a chicken though. There has been some slight progress since the last pics, but not much - there won't be follow ups until at least the end of september though.
Old 15-Oct-06, 06:56 PM   #60
.V.

I've edited my first post with the photos. Most of them haven't been seen before. They show the change from July to Now when I had gotten way too small, down to 173 from 190, too much triathlon training, not enough food, an injury, and getting sick was unkind.

I've been eating pretty big and only added cardio back in last month so there is some fat gain too. I'll deal with the fat later. Going to keep eating and trying to add some size so I can have a better winter of triathlon training this time. More pics will be posted in November to keep me honest with myself and make sure I don't get too fat or too thin again.

Still have no chest and skinny arms. Still haven't figured out how to work the saggy skin and surgical scars off - just have to live with them I guess.

Last edited by .V.; 15-Oct-06 at 07:01 PM.

Tags
adding muscle, alternating db, baked potato, bench press, body fat, building muscle, cable crunch, cable press, cable pressdown, calf raise, calf raises, calorie intake, cardio exercise, chest routine, chicken breast, complex carb, complex carbs, constructive criticism, core strength, creatine shake, decline bench, decline bench press, domini sit semper, empty calories, fat gains, fat loss, fat stores, flat bench, flat bench press, gained weight, gaining fat, green veggie, green veggies, high intensity, high intensity cardio, higher fat, incline bench, incline bench press, incline press, incline presses, kneeling cable, lean steak, losing fat, low carb, lower carb, lower chest, mass builder, moderate intensity, moderate pace, mostly fat, muscle gain, muscle growth, muscle mass, pax domini sit, pound deadlift, protein shake, raisin bran, rear lat, resistance training, serious weight, shoulder press, sit semper vobiscum, solid muscle, spot reduce, stay motivated, strength train, strength training, tri ext, tricep cable, upright row, weight gain, weight loss, wheat bread, workout meal