Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals

Online Journals Keep an online workout journal so we can all learn and share ideas. Sub forum: Progress Pictures

Old 26-Aug-06, 02:28 PM   #46
pierini
Banned

Another good workout under your belt.

Keep up the intensity and you'll be ready to join JDR3 and me for a Serrano Blvd. hill repeat workout like we just did today. I'm sure he'll tell you about it as he chows down an extra couple of sandwiches from all the energy he burned attacking those hills.

Have a great weekend!
pierini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Aug-06, 09:45 PM   #47
no-frills

pierini - Not sure when I will be ready for that hill.... it's a monster. You are "spot-on" on JDR3's eating.... he loves food and never misses a meal. He used the hill work-out as an excuse to have me make his lunch.

JD tells me you were tough on him at the end of the intervals. Glad you are making him work hard.
no-frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Aug-06, 09:31 PM   #48
no-frills

8/27

CFWux2

5 rounds of:
1/4 mile run (6.3 / 6.5/ 6.5/ 6.5/6.5)
12 60 lb push presses
20 decline sit-ups on 2nd incline
Total time: 25:37.

This felt like a good work-out. I like to get some cardio in, so this was a good combination. I have also realized that logging my work-outs each day adds accountability. Finding the time has become a priority when I plan my day.

I wrote up a detailed work-out log earlier today; however the site was having problems and it didn't save my post. This write-up, being my 2nd attempt, does not have all my numbers because I cleared my watch.

gymgirl - I have noticed you like to get in cardio / runs regularly and think you would like this combination. Since you are in "stellar" shape, you would probably sub knees-to-elbows for the sit-ups.

Last edited by no-frills; 27-Aug-06 at 10:04 PM.
Old 28-Aug-06, 11:48 AM   #49
gymgirl
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-frills

5 rounds of:
1/4 mile run (6.3 / 6.5/ 6.5/ 6.5/6.5)
12 60 lb push presses
20 decline sit-ups on 2nd incline
Total time: 25:37.

This felt like a good work-out. I like to get some cardio in, so this was a good combination. I have also realized that logging my work-outs each day adds accountability. Finding the time has become a priority when I plan my day.
i too have found logging my workouts helpful, in so many ways. even in a month from now you will be able to look back and find areas in which you have improved. it's very motivating and definitely keeps you accountable.

i will definitely try this workout, and you are right i LOVE getting the cardio in. hehe you end up running a mile or mile and a half and it really dosn't seem that bad since you do it in short distances. plus it gets your really sweaty! : I will probably have to sub knees to elbows for the sit-ups in the decline and not becuse i am in 'stellar shape' (far from it by, the by) but becuse i don't think doing sit-ups on the decline is going to be good for my back quite yet. escpecialy when i am being timed...lol

i'm going to jot this one down and try it hopefully this week.

keep up the great work. ps is this the day CF had the rope climbs as part of the workout? i was wondering what one would sub for those.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The sign of a good WOD. Immediate reflection that you don't want to do it again any time soon."—pierini
gymgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Aug-06, 11:10 PM   #50
no-frills

8/28 - CF Rest Day

1 mile walk at work while meeting with a colleague.
Old 29-Aug-06, 10:52 PM   #51
no-frills

8/30
CFWU x2 - back extensions

50-40-30-20, then 10 rep rounds, for total time of:
Back extensions (1:39, 2:20, 1:59, 1:23, :56)
Wall ball shots, 12 pound ball, ten foot target (2:59, 2:43, 2:15, 1:24, :56)
Box jump, 12" box (4:10, 4:17, 3:04, 2:16, :47)

total time 33:41

3 mile jog / walk with my dog on rolling hills.
Old 30-Aug-06, 08:43 AM   #52
tim_mcf

Nice work. Those box jumps are hard, aren't they?

—Philippians 4:13
tim_mcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-06, 11:10 PM   #53
no-frills

Tim - the CFWOD called for 24" box jumps; however I modify for 12". They are hard.... in fact there was a trainer in the gym who commented when I was done how he couldn't believe how many I had completed (150 total). I was covered with sweat, but it felt great. I can't imagine doing double the height.... but when I do, I will know I am "fit".
Old 31-Aug-06, 11:23 PM   #54
no-frills

8/30 - Traveled up and back to Oregon for work in a day. No work-out... just work. I intend to make up this work out on Friday, 9/1 instead of having a CF rest day.

8/31
CFWUx2-pull ups

Five rounds for time of:
45 pound Thruster, 30 reps (1:20, 1:42, 1:57, 1:57, 2:11)
30 assisted straight grip pull-ups (2:32, 2:42, 3:14, 3:37, 3:22)

1 mile walk on treadmill

I was a bit tired today from my 16 hour work-day the day before.

Down 1 pound this week - total loss = 9 pounds
Old 01-Sep-06, 12:07 PM   #55
gymgirl
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-frills

Down 1 pound this week - total loss = 9 pounds
good job no-frills! you are doing GREAT! Box Jumps are so hard, you did great!

"The sign of a good WOD. Immediate reflection that you don't want to do it again any time soon."—pierini
gymgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-Sep-06, 10:54 PM   #56
no-frills

9/1
CFWUx2-situps

5 rounds of:
1/4 mile run (treadmill speeds all @ 5.6)
10 decline sit-ups (:23, :16, :25, :32, :51)
10 leg lifts (:41, :39, :40, :45, :56)

Medium paced work-out today. Felt like a Friday.
Old 02-Sep-06, 01:04 PM   #57
no-frills

9/2
7:30 am - 4.2 mile walk on New York Creek Trail with my dog and neighbor

10:00 am
CFWUx2 - push ups and pull ups

Add five reps to each exercise, each round, completing as many rounds as possible in 30 minutes of:
5 Pull-ups (total = 105)
10 Push-ups (total = 119)
15 Squats (total = 125)

I finished 5 complete rounds, plus 35 pull-ups 19 push ups on the 6th. This is one of those work-outs that mess with your mind. About 20 minutes into the work-out you are thinking how can there possible be 10 more minutes when I can hardly do another pull-up or push-up. Squats were a relief.

Last edited by no-frills; 03-Sep-06 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-Sep-06, 04:24 PM   #58
pierini
Banned

Great workout, but check your math. I count 125 squats, not 1,350. If you did 1,350, then you are a BEAST!

Enjoy your weekend and continue on, you are doing good.

p.s.

I told JDR3 about a tip I learned in a book I am reading about training on days that are difficult. If you are inclined to not train because of work/family demands, or because you are just pooped, then as a minimum dress up in your workout clothes, then make that decision. Doing this little "trick" seems to work miracles.

And remember, don't have the "all or nothing training mentality" (if I can't do the entire workout, then I won't do anything at all) on those days. I used to think that way during my busy work season and it got me nowhere. Now I use the more sensible "something is better than nothing training mentality" (5 minutes is better than 0 minutes, for example) and it's producing a better result.
pierini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-Sep-06, 11:40 AM   #59
no-frills

Pierini - since you are "a numbers guy" I will go with yours. Too funny!

I have been an "all or nothing in the past", which is why I got so far out of shape in the first place.
Old 04-Sep-06, 11:29 AM   #60
no-frills

9/3
1/2 mile jog on treadmill to loosen @ 5.6

CFWUx2

Complete three rounds for time of:
40 lb cleans, 21 reps (1st round @ 40lbs, 2nd and 3rd @ 30lbs)
Run 1/4 mile: at 1% on TM at 6.3, 6.3, 6.3

1 mile run at 6.0 and 1/4 mile cool down

Tags
assisted dip, assisted pull, assisted pullups, ball shots, bell pepper, bell peppers, bicep curl, body fat, body rows, box jumps, brisk walk, brisk walking, build strength, building muscle, chest press, crossfit wod, decline bench, decline sit, early morning, eat low, eating clean, eating properly, elliptical machine, excess fat, extra cardio, extra weight, fat burn, fat burning, five rounds, flat bench, food choices, food log, grip pull, hang power, hang power clean, hanging leg, hanging leg raise, hanging leg raises, head press, healthy foods, healthy weight, heart rate, heart rate monitor, herb tortilla, high intensity, high pull, holy cow, hour workout, inch box, incline bench, inner thigh, inner thighs, journal section, jump rope, kettlebell swings, killer workout, kipping pull, knee lifts, knee raises, lean protein, left leg, leg curl, leg extension, leg lift, leg lifts, leg press, losing weight, low cal, low calorie, mashed potatoes, merry christmas, meter walk, mile jog, moving forward, nutrition section, online journal, outer thigh, overhead press, overhead squat, personal trainer, pound ball, pound gain, pound thruster, pullup bar, push press, rate monitor, red pepper, rope climb, rotary torso, seated row, shoulder press, shoulder raise, shoulder raises, slow pace, sounds weird, spinning class, squat clean, squat cleans, stability ball, stationary bike, stay motivated, stiff leg, stiff legged deadlift, stiff legged deadlifts, still working, sumo deadlift, sweet tooth, three rounds, train smart, tricep ext, tricep extension, upper body, upright row, upright rows, walking lunge, wall ball shots, weight gain, weight loss, weight watchers, workout journal