Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals

Online Journals Keep an online workout journal so we can all learn and share ideas. Sub forum: Progress Pictures

Old 12-Dec-06, 09:18 PM   #1
Sophie

Countdown to Competition

I thought I needed a new log for my four month competition training, to begin next week AFTER finals.

I have a month or so off for semester break in which I will be training as intense as I can. I am on the track team now so I have lots of things I will be doing: Lifting, sprinting, and cardio. There will be at LEAST 5 hours between each of these activities, including when the semester starts up again.

I have found a lot of articles on bodybuilding.com to help me pace myself and get in the best shape I can possibly be in with the time I have.

I have already begun working on flexibility and strength moves for the fitness competition. I am not sure if I will be at competition level by April. but I'll probably give it a go anyway. We all have to start somewhere.

When the semester ends, I will take "before" pictures and will take them once every month until competition day. I want to be able to see the progress, not only in the gym, but in the mirror.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Next Powerlifting Meet:
RPS's Powerpalooza
April 14, 2012
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Dec-06, 10:07 PM   #2
pierini
Banned

What events will you be competing in as a member of the track team?
pierini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Dec-06, 10:18 PM   #3
Sophie

not sure yet. spriting is all i know. i don't do distance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Next Powerlifting Meet:
RPS's Powerpalooza
April 14, 2012
Old 12-Dec-06, 10:31 PM   #4
pierini
Banned

Cool!

Do as your coach instructs and supplement his training with the great tips at Welcome to ELITETRACK.

Keep us posted.
Old 12-Dec-06, 10:36 PM   #5
gymgirl
Site Moderator

good luck sophie! it will be exciting to watch your progress!

"The sign of a good WOD. Immediate reflection that you don't want to do it again any time soon."—pierini
gymgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Dec-06, 11:41 PM   #6
JDR3

Good luck-work hard................and keep the grades up!!
JDR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Dec-06, 11:47 PM   #7
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR3
Good luck-work hard................and keep the grades up!!
slight chance i will have all A's in my three psych classes this semester. i shuold have a B for this semster of Latin, it's a year course. grades are good. : just hoping to make A's. working hard this last week, writing extra credit papers on top of "real" papers and studying for finals. I WANT those A's!!!

Next Powerlifting Meet:
RPS's Powerpalooza
April 14, 2012
Old 13-Dec-06, 12:08 AM   #8
JDR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie
I WANT those A's!!!
Great job, great attitude!
Old 16-Dec-06, 09:38 AM   #9
SarahPT

Your first comp, how cool! Which federation are you competing with?

I look forward to following your progress. Let me know if I can help at all.

Sarah

Training those who want to achieve big things

My fitness and nutrition articles are here
SarahPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Dec-06, 09:59 AM   #10
pierini
Banned

I'm impressed that you are taking Latin. Almost unheard of these days.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.
Old 16-Dec-06, 02:32 PM   #11
Sophie

I'm competing in a Ms. Fitness contest. Ms. Fitness® Contests - Holds USA and World pageants in America and internationally, including Ms. Fitness Universe and Olympia

Latin is one of the "classic" languages offered at my college. They also have Arabic and Sanskrit.

Next Powerlifting Meet:
RPS's Powerpalooza
April 14, 2012
Old 18-Dec-06, 02:54 PM   #12
Sophie

Training will be VERY light until I get back to college. My friend in Balitmore, where I planning to go over semester break, is having bypass surgery. I will not not access to a gym over break. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm an emotional mess between my friend having a bypass and my school work.

Next Powerlifting Meet:
RPS's Powerpalooza
April 14, 2012
Old 18-Dec-06, 11:54 PM   #13
JDR3

Sorry to hear about your friend. Try to stay positive and strong for them and make sure you don't forget to take care of yourself.
Old 19-Dec-06, 10:30 AM   #14
gymgirl
Site Moderator

sorry to hear about your friend sophie. stay strong and like jdr said, don't forget to take care of yourself. maybe you can try some yoga to help releive the stress?

"The sign of a good WOD. Immediate reflection that you don't want to do it again any time soon."—pierini
gymgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Dec-06, 12:39 AM   #15
Sophie

No workout today. Well, not a formal one. I did move back home, which means three trips up and down the stairs at the dorm, and i live on the fourth floor.

My friend is out of surgery and is in stable condition. He had a quadruple bypass. I will hopefully get to talk to him in a few days when he is able to talk.

I'm aiming to start the stretching and strength moves tomorrow. I guess I'll have to use my free weights I have at home and do high reps.

It's going to be a big difference espeically on the legs. Who uses 10 lbs on each leg??? They really need to make ankle weights heavier.

Next Powerlifting Meet:
RPS's Powerpalooza
April 14, 2012

Tags
ankle weights, assisted chin, assisted dip, bench press, blood pressure, body fat, body fat percentage, body responds, body weight, body workout, cable cross, calf raise, calf raises, caloric deficit, chair dips, chest press, compound movement, compound movements, concentration curls, curl bar, domini sit semper, eat protein, eating disorder, extra cardio, fat loss, fly machine, gain muscle, gaining weight, half hour, hammer curl, hammer curls, hanging knee, heart rate, higher rep, incline bench, incline press, interval training, isolation exercise, keeping track, knee raises, lateral raise, lateral raises, left shoulder, leg curl, leg extension, leg muscles, leg press, lift weights, lifting weights, losing weight, low carb, lower carb, lower weight, military press, muscle mass, pax domini sit, plate loaded, preacher curl, rear lat, rear lateral, rear lateral raise, reverse wrist, reverse wrist curls, seated calf raise, seated calf raises, shoulder injury, sit semper vobiscum, spring break, stationary bike, steady state, still hurts, story short, strength train, strength training, tae bo, training program, triceps press, triceps push, upper body, weight loss, weight routine, weight training, weight workout, weight workouts, wrist curls