Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Female Fitness

Female Fitness Forum specifically for women to learn and share advice.

Old 26-Sep-07, 03:00 PM   #1
gymgirl
Site Moderator

you are beautiful

came across this great article, enjoy!

http://againfaster.squarespace.com/a...beautiful.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The sign of a good WOD. Immediate reflection that you don't want to do it again any time soon."—pierini
gymgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Sep-07, 04:36 PM   #2
Dana_k

Send a message via AIM to Dana_k Send a message via MSN to Dana_k
cool, thanks! Awesome article
Dana_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Sep-07, 11:21 AM   #3
LiftGirl
Site Admin

That was good! I do use the elliptical though.
LiftGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Sep-07, 11:28 AM   #4
.V.

I don't get it, does this mean that the emaciated waifs with no muscle mass and who are all soft and flabby aren't hot anymore?

I'm confused. I think I'll just keep admiring muscle and strength like I always did. That makes it simpler.

It's about time the ladies get it too. Not the DF ladies, because most of you already got it. Thanks for sharing that article.
Old 27-Sep-07, 05:44 PM   #5
feir

Thanks gymgirl.
I am beginning to outgrow my jeans in the thigh area and no longer think it's unnatural.

LiftGirl - I use the elliptical too!

feir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Sep-07, 09:45 AM   #6
LiftGirl
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by feir View Post
I am beginning to outgrow my jeans in the thigh area and no longer think it's unnatural.
I have trouble finding jeans that fit my small waist and long legs. Levis 550 with stretch denim is my favorite right now.
Old 28-Sep-07, 02:47 PM   #7
sweetdream

Send a message via AIM to sweetdream
Good article..I also use the elliptical too though!! haha

and jeans.... I still haven't found my perfect match

sweetdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Oct-07, 04:37 PM   #8
bodyshop20
Site Admin

I loved me before the artical was read, but liked the read
bodyshop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-Oct-07, 11:12 PM   #9
Merrida

I'm so sick and disgusted by this repeating trend of waif, anorexia-is-in women who are donning the covers of magazines and TV and dictating to women that "this" is the way to look. Personally I never felt ashamed of my muscle mass or women being freaked out by it,- that's their problem. I don't mind looking "butch" with vascularity and big muscles, even on my short frame.

I would never want to be a stick figure with poofy lips who think only of themselves.

I find it gross when I can see a woman's clavicles and think they could cut stone.

Ribs sticking out,....as my Husband would say: Eat a cheeseburger!
Merrida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Oct-07, 06:53 AM   #10
Doc2029
Play the game!

Send a message via AIM to Doc2029 Send a message via Yahoo to Doc2029
I agree these so-called hot women that are nothing but skin and bones are not hot. Yes they all need about 12 cheeseburgers to start from McDonald's none of that lean beef for them! Make it extra cheese too!

Not to put too fine of a point on it but I once dated a girl that was like that, OMG it was the worst sex I had ever had. Her bones kept poking me. Not fun at all...
Old 10-Oct-07, 09:15 AM   #11
gymgirl
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by feir View Post
Thanks gymgirl.
that's great feir!

as far as jeans, I seem to only be able to wear the ones with stretch. I know they are a bit spendy, but if you think about how often you wear jeans I think you get your moneys worth. Anyway the only jeans that really fit me are Citizens of Humanity or Joe's Jeans.

Glad you guys liked the article!

"The sign of a good WOD. Immediate reflection that you don't want to do it again any time soon."—pierini
Old 10-Oct-07, 10:46 AM   #12
LiftGirl
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orkydoc View Post
I agree these so-called hot women that are nothing but skin and bones are not hot.
In fairness, though, super-skinny women aren't fashion models because they're "hot," they're used because designers like the way that the clothes lay on them. But who decided so-called "heroine chic" was in?
Old 10-Oct-07, 10:14 PM   #13
Merrida

That is an excellent question and I'd absolutely love to find some answers to. Heroine chic has been in for a very long time. We had about 8 months where women were considered attractive with a little meat on their bones, but that meat was generally untoned and shapeless.

The heroine chic started, from my memory, with Kate Moss, and while she may have gotten disdain, I do notice the "fad" has absolutely not dissipated.

One of the saddest examples is Angelina Jolie, - a beautiful woman who now looks like a skeleton with flesh draped over her bones. How sad.

Keira Knightly and her "I'm just thin naturally" comments are getting old since I've seen her (and not in that ad) where she actually did have a bit of weight on her (Love Actually).

What's happened to the girls and women of today. I'm even getting scared looking at Demi Moore, who I think was perfect in GI Jane (but I dig chicks with muscles),....and in her latest photos, it looks like even she is giving into it.

I ask too: Who and how did heroine chic become the "in" thing for women to aspire to? And why? (Runway models aside).
Merrida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Oct-07, 11:29 AM   #14
LiftGirl
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrida View Post

I ask too: Who and how did heroine chic become the "in" thing for women to aspire to? And why? (Runway models aside).
Ugh! It's not just the skinniness; it's the actual drugged out look, too. Like super pale skin and big dark circles under their eyes. Ugh!
Old 11-Oct-07, 02:47 PM   #15
gymgirl
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftGirl View Post
Ugh! It's not just the skinniness; it's the actual drugged out look, too. Like super pale skin and big dark circles under their eyes. Ugh!
yuck, a la amy winehouse...someone give her a cheeseburger or 20!

Tags
abdominal muscles, assisted pull, bench press, build muscle, burning zone, cable row, cable rows, fat burn, fat burning, fat burning zone, geared towards, healthy lifestyle, heavy weights, intense training, isolation movements, lift heavier, lift heavy weights, lifting weights, light weight, local gym, losing weight, low body, low bodyfat, low weights, muscle development, muscle mass, muscle tissue, muscle tone, outer thigh, personal opinion, personal preference, potato chips, push press, resistance training, shoulder press, strict diet, weight loss, weighted chins, weighted crunch, weighted crunches, workout routine