Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals

Online Journals Keep an online workout journal so we can all learn and share ideas. Sub forum: Progress Pictures

Old 11-Jan-08, 01:48 PM   #31
pierini
Banned

I think it is a reasonable goal and you can have fun trying, but don't be too disappointed if you come up short. Completing 20 strict pullups in a single set has been a longtime goal of mine that I have never achieved. I've only gotten as high as 18 reps.

I think you'll get to 7-8 reps with some consistent and progressive training and work your behind off as you try to get those last 2-3 reps, but prove me wrong.
pierini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Jan-08, 03:23 PM   #32
minime
I need a title!

Thanks Pierini, I will be happy if I even get to 7-8 reps.

Ok I think it is a good time for some goals. I won't put down 2008 goals as they tend to be too general, instead I will just post specific goals for the next few months, say until the end of April.

I will post my goal with where I am right now afterwards.

Strength
Deadlift 200x1 (185)
Back Squat 175x1 (165)
Front Squat 140x1 (125)
Overhead Squat 55x1 (45)
Squat Clean 105 (93)
Shoulder Press 75 (70)
Bench Press 95x1 (85?)
Weighted Chinup 30 (27)

Bodyweight
Strict Deadhang pullup 5 (3)
Kipping pullup 25 (18)
Chinups 5 (3)
Dips 10 (6?)
Ring Dips 1 (0)
Handstand pushup feet on wall 1 (0)
Pushups 25 (15?)

Running (treadmill)
5k 22 minutes (23:30)
1 mile 6 minutes (?)
800 2:50
I am not planning to devote much time to running until the weather gets warmer.

I also have some goals in relation to crossfit named WODs, including:
15 round cindy
sub 30 Angie
sub 15 Fran
sub 10 Annie
sub 12 Helen
sub 15 Jackie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Jan-08, 03:24 PM   #33
minime
I need a title!

oh and I would like a sub 2 minute row

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-Jan-08, 01:42 AM   #34
JDR3

Thats it!
]
JDR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Jan-08, 10:52 PM   #35
minime
I need a title!

he he jdr, yes I am very optimistic hopefully I will not disappoint myself!

Friday Complete Rest day, I barely moved, it was lovely. I just read, coooked, ate, etc.

Saturday
Snowboarding, but it was practically a rest day. The conditions were so bad (icy) I barely spent any time on the slopes! I am a wuss when it comes to ice.

Sunday 3hrs cross country skiing. First time, it was quite fun! Nice low intensity exercise.

Monday Crossfit Elements class. Worked mostly on basics, as there were some new people.

jump rope 5mins
overhead squats to 33#
pushups up to 15 reps
kipping pullups to 15 reps
box jumps 28 in 1 minute test
deadlift practice (light)
rowing practice (necessary ha ha)

afterwards I spent some time working ring dip negatives and HSPUs to two abmats, then to one abmat (v hard)

1hr gentle yoga class

Old 15-Jan-08, 03:18 PM   #36
trainerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime View Post
Running (treadmill)
5k 22 minutes (23:30)
1 mile 6 minutes (?)
800 2:50

I don't know how you can stand running on a treadmill for that distance. That takes some serious discipline in my book.

Nice big numbers on your PR

trainerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Jan-08, 08:40 PM   #37
LINDA

Hi Minime!

LINDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Jan-08, 08:45 PM   #38
minime
I need a title!

Hi Ty thanks for stopping by! I HATE running the 5k on a treadmill that is why I am always skipping it when it comes up in the crossfit WOD. However, the weather here makes running outside impossible for me (i am too scared of falling on an icy patch) so I have to either do them on a treadmill or suffer the consequences (becoming terribly slow) Luckily the 5k comes up not too much, I will devote more time to my running come warmer weather.

Thanks linda, nice to see you

Old 15-Jan-08, 08:59 PM   #39
minime
I need a title!

Met up with Chris tonight to do the marvelously evil "filthy fifties"

Tuesday January 15th

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

42:47 (PR)

The box was only 20 inches I believe and I used the 14# ball

We were in our newly renovated crossfit room which was very warm: I spent my burpee time (about 10 minutes) trying not to puke, running to the bathroom, running back etc (i did not puke). I can only imagine due to the room being so stuffy? When I finished I was pissed as I thought for some reason that my last time was 34 minutes (got confused with my Angie time i think) so I was unaware that this was actually a PR! If I hadn't been so pukie I would have been at least five minutes faster, so I am excited for next time! PLUS the back extension unit was over in the cardio room so this cost me a minute in travel time (to be honest I needed to catch my breath though)

Chris did 30 reps and lowered weight (half a pood, 33# push press, 8# ball) and a shorter box. She finished about 20 seconds before me. She is taking really well to these workouts! She had never heard of a knee to elbow but she got one her first try which I found amazing! It took me forever to get these and they still suck up all my time.

Anyway a good workout, though I felt horrid throughout. I am wondering if this random eating I am doing (not tracking) is having a negative effect on my energy levels. It is too soon to tell, once the PRs keep coming I won't complain! I am really enjoying not counting calories right now.

Old 16-Jan-08, 11:45 AM   #40
pierini
Banned

Very, very good. Your anerobic conditioning will spill over to the track if you decide to do some of that training in the summertime.
pierini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jan-08, 01:47 PM   #41
minime
I need a title!

Thanks pierini! I definitely plan to do some track work in the summer! And hopefully some 5k or even a 10k.

i hope your heel feels good again in time for fun run season

I am so sore today! Sore everywhere. My calves especially..ouch. 50 box jumps in less than two minutes perhaps? I dont think i can face the 5k that is todays WOD. I just hate the long treadmill run so much. I feel like sitting all day but i must stop being lazy. I slept 9 hours and still so much pain. Grrr

Old 16-Jan-08, 03:09 PM   #42
gymgirl
Site Moderator

hey minime! glad to see you enjoying CF, it's addicting isn't it? good job on the 50's they are brutal!

"The sign of a good WOD. Immediate reflection that you don't want to do it again any time soon."—pierini
gymgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jan-08, 06:44 PM   #43
minime
I need a title!

hey gymgirl, thanks for stopping by! yes I am loving my crossfit! And the pain I am in from the fifties is unreal! good stuff.

So I couldn't be bothered going to the gym today and it was too icy out to run so I just did a little something at home.

1000 skips in 12:45

tabata pushups score 5

ab plank hold 2:46 (PR)

Last time I did pushup tabata I ended with 3. This time I started (and finished) with five. I should have gone for six and will do next time. Not that it was easy or anything, the last 2 rounds were still a struggle. Happy with the plank which I have not done in forever, I should have held out for the 3 minute mark though, next time I will get it.

Went to Trader Joes as I was having a desire for some red meat. I bought some all natural free range ground beef patties, and they are very tasty. Also a lot cheaper at
$5 per pound than the alternative delicious looking strip steaks at $11 per pound. I also have found some pretty good muffins at TJs : cranberry orange bran muffins. Very healthy tasting (which I like) and sweetened only with juice. Plus they have a whopping 12g of fiber per muffin which maybe a bit too much but I never have been one to eat a half a muffin ha ha.

Its weird though, when I eat oatmeal it causes me to feel slightly nauseous afterward, but the muffin has no such effect despite having more fiber and more carbs than the oats. Strange!

Old 17-Jan-08, 09:46 PM   #44
minime
I need a title!

Thursday January 17th

Met with Chris again to tackle this weeks WOW (workout of the week) which is Christine. We did the regular CFWU, twice, and some OHS with a 33# bar which I think was easier for Chris than for me! damn her lol

"Christine"

3 rounds for time of:

500m row
12 BW deadlifts (105)
21 box jumps

14:55

My rowing was much better having recieved some more advice last monday in class. I got the first 500 in 2:12 which i think is a PR for me and I could have gotten faster I believe if I went all out. Deadlifts I used 105 though I think I am 106 now! And the box is 20"

First time with this lady and I must say it was tougher than I imagined. I figured I would get all my DL unbroken but I had to break them in round two not for strength reasons but because I was so winded! Happy with performance overall, I was worried I wouldn't be able to do box jumps due to my terrible calf pain.

Chris used 75 pounds for DL and did her jumps to aerobic step set lower than the 20inch box. She completed in 17:04 which I thought was very good.

Was entertaining thoughts of doing either lynne or a 5k afterwards but i was tired and sore so I said screw it and went home.

Rest day tomorrow, but I am going up north early tomorrow with my friend michele and we hope to get on the slope for an hour or so before the lift closes (we both have season passes) Snowboarding is going to be awful because of the pain, my calves are so sore still as are my thighs.

I just realised I forgot to devote any time this week to my strict pullup practice! Damn it! I did do a couple of singles today in the warmup, but besides that I have neglected them. Next week for sure.

Old 17-Jan-08, 10:39 PM   #45
tim_mcf

Nice job on Christine.

—Philippians 4:13
tim_mcf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
added sugar, almond butter, awesome workout, baby carrots, ball shots, bench dip, bench dips, bench press, bike riding, boca burger, body fat, body weight, bodyfat level, bodyfat levels, box jumps, brisk walk, business decision, calorie count, carb bread, cheat meal, chicken breast, clothes fit, complex carb, complex carbs, core strength, counter productive, counting calories, cross country, crossfit wod, dark chocolate, deep fried, distance running, dried fruit, drop weight, eat eggs, eat meat, elliptical machine, elliptical trainer, endurance training, energy level, energy levels, extra cardio, extra muscle, fat level, fat levels, fiber intake, five rounds, flax seed, foam rolling, food log, french fries, fresh fruit, garden salad, google search, green salad, grip pull, grip pullup, grocery shopping, gym equipment, gym tonight, hang power, hang power clean, hang power snatch, hang squat, healthy meals, heart rate, heavy bench, heavy deadlifts, high intensity, high level, high pull, higher protein, hour workout, ice cream, inch box, intensity exercise, jump rope, jumping pull, jumping pullups, kettlebell swings, kipping pull, knee pain, leg dead, leg deadlift, lift weights, local gym, low calories, low carb, low carb diet, low fat, low impact, low sodium, lower carb, macronutrient breakdown, maple syrup, marathon training, max hr, max weight, mile bike, mile timed, mile warm, milk products, morning weight, muscle loss, olympic lifting, overall fitness, overhand grip, overhead squat, personal preference, plain yogurt, plank hold, pound ball, pound dumbells, pound gain, pound thruster, pound weight, power cleans, power snatches, processed food, pullup bar, push jerk, push press, quick workout, red meat, rope climb, running outside, running shoes, samson stretch, shin splints, short period, shoulder dislocates, shoulder press, slow process, smith machine, snatch grip, soy milk, soy products, split jerk, squat clean, squat cleans, squat rack, squat snatch, squat thrusts, steady state, steamed broccoli, stiff leg, stiff leg deadlift, stiff leg deadlifts, still eat, still sore, strength gain, strength gains, strict pullups, sumo deadlift, super heavy, three rounds, trader joe, trader joes, training log, training plan, training program, training routine, training schedule, trap bar, tsk tsk, upper body, video clip, walking lunge, wall ball shots, warmup cfwu, weight bench, weight gain, weight training, weighted chins, weighted pullups, zone diet

You may also search for: