Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Fitness > Online Journals

Online Journals Keep an online workout journal so we can all learn and share ideas. Sub forum: Progress Pictures

Old 26-Jan-08, 09:24 PM   #61
tim_mcf

Wow, that's a great big deadlift. Very nice work!

—Philippians 4:13
tim_mcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Jan-08, 11:37 PM   #62
gymgirl
Site Moderator

FANTASTIC Deadlift minime! yayaya you broke 200! you are just about at 2x bw now! GREAT GREAT JOB! So proud of you. Nice job on all your other PR's as well! soooo exciting!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The sign of a good WOD. Immediate reflection that you don't want to do it again any time soon."—pierini
gymgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Jan-08, 02:29 PM   #63
j2bryson

awesome work minime!
those dl are huge. very happy for you!
j2bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Jan-08, 09:03 AM   #64
minime
I need a title!

Thanks guys, you are all so sweet I am dying to hit the DL again to double check my numbers but I am holding off to rest my back for it. Maybe Friday.

Sunday January 27th
Snowboarding all day. We arrived a little late but I still got in a good few runs, my leg fatigue problems have gotten much better : I didn't even feel any fatigue set in until the third 3mile run from the top whereas last week it was on the first!! Fun day, there was some fresh snow but it was all skiid off by the time we got there at 10am. Some very 'mogul-intensive' sections, but I had a blast! Nice and soft to fall in for the most part (which I did a lot of as I was trying to go fast!)

Monday January 28th

Crossfit Class! This was the first actual crossfit class (not an elements class) and I was quite excited.

Warmup 5min jumprope (got 13 in a row DUs!!)
500m row in 2:20

Work on mechanics with broomstick : press, front squat, thruster, cleans

"Cindy"

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-up
15 Squats

15 rounds and 5 pullups (PR!)

Huge PR for me, I told steve I was going for 13 (last time 12) and he said no way, I was going for 15! and i did too. It was awesome. Kipping pullups and squat unbroken right through, pushups broken badly but i noticed a marked improvement.

15 second L-sits x4 (mine were pretty poor!)

I also did some OHS after class: 33x10, 45x3

oh and before class I did FOUR strict pullups! oh yeah!

Doesn't get much better than this I feel great at the gym right now.

In other news, I am now in the market for a job and have been inundated with calls and emails (mostly from recruiters). I had no idea everything would get so crazy and I am feeling a bit frazzled! I have an interview today for which I got 24hours notice and had to run out and buy a suit at the last minute! Which is not an easy feat by the way, it is practically impossible for me to find a suit that fits me especially when I am looking for something that is not $300.

And now that I have my green card I can leave this country and am going to Ireland next tuesday! I am so excited!

Busy time for laura

minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Jan-08, 09:08 AM   #65
tim_mcf

Nice score on Cindy!

—Philippians 4:13
tim_mcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Jan-08, 11:00 AM   #66
pierini
Banned

Great job on Cindy. I am not in CrossFit shape right now and would probably do horrible with that WOD - so I won't - but I'll have fun reading about your performance.
pierini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Jan-08, 11:06 AM   #67
j2bryson

wonderful cindy! and way to go with the 4 pullups! Those are hard to increase. You're a real machine minime.
Nice work on the DU's too. I tired them once and I could only do a few.

outta curiosity, what kind of jobs are you being interviewed for?
Old 29-Jan-08, 11:26 AM   #68
gymgirl
Site Moderator

great job on cindy! she is one of the more mentally tough wod's! you did great! i hear ya on the suit situation, if you have an ann taylor loft near by check them out, they have petites for a pretty reasonable price when they are on sale. the worst part about getting a suit on short notice is having to get it tailored! good luck with your interview and horray for going back to ireland!

"The sign of a good WOD. Immediate reflection that you don't want to do it again any time soon."—pierini
gymgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Jan-08, 11:13 PM   #69
JDR3

Great job Mm!
]
JDR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Jan-08, 08:08 AM   #70
minime
I need a title!

thanks guys! j2bryson I am interviewing for Junior Software Developer positions, apparently there are a lot of them around where I live! It is a good time to be in the market for it.

I had a not-so-good workout last night, I felt weak.

Tuesday January 29th
CFWU

HSPU & pistol practice, 1 rope climb

"Rowing Annie"

50(0)-40(0)-30(0)-20(0)-10(0)
(row m)
double unders
situps

21:42

Bench Press (minimal rest)
45x10
65x10
75x8

Notes Annie felt horrible, it was like I was moving in slow motion! Last time I did rowing annie was a long time ago, but my time was 26:41 so at least I have improved but I felt I should have been much faster. Just threw in the bench as we were passing and I was happy with my performance, I only rested long enough for chris to do her set. She is almost as strong as me at the bench : she only got 5 reps with the 75 but she said she has never used more than a 5# on each side of the bar in the past. Her time on rowing annie was 26 minutes or so I believe, she really wanted to quit so I was proud of her for pushing through. She is pretty good at double unders considering she hadn't done them til a few weeks ago!

My chest was in agony also from Cindy, it felt bruised and I could barely lift my arms to do my shoulder dislocates at the beginning!

I have been filling myself with food, counting cals very loosely and shooting for 2000.. I believe I went quite a bit over yesterday! Staying away from the scale as stepping on it will put an end to the eating.

I am not eating junk btw : meat, eggs, dairy, veg, fruit, nuts, along with oatmeal, bran muffins (sweetened with fruit juice),whole grain spelt crackers and dried fruits to get calories up (and for the yummyness lol)

Old 30-Jan-08, 08:09 AM   #71
minime
I need a title!

oh forgot to mention I tried strict pullup and could only get TWO last night! grrr. Maybe it had something to do with the 80 kips i did for cindy but I was annoyed. Oh and I couldn't OHS the 33lb bar either. Bad day.

Old 30-Jan-08, 10:33 AM   #72
pierini
Banned

Rest those shoulders for several days is my prescription minime. I had to take a 4 day rest recently. It did me good.

Best wishes for your employment pursuits. Be picky because it sounds like you can be. Feels good to have another taxpayer on the rolls to help fund the cost of doing business for our government.
pierini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Jan-08, 11:19 AM   #73
minime
I need a title!

pierini, i would rest BUT this is the only week that crossfit classes will be free at my gym and I simply can't pass that up! I am planning to go tonight and hope that it isn't 'FRAN' or other horrible shoulder-thrashing workout. I am still quite sore.

I will try to be picky.. but it will be my natural instinct to take the first job I am offered! The interview yesterday went well, but I am not so sure about the position as it involves technical support and I don't think I want to be on the phone all day!

Old 30-Jan-08, 06:57 PM   #74
j2bryson

Free crossfit classes... nice!
I'm hoping that when I move to larger city come May I'll be able to actually train at a CF gym. Don't feel bad about ur pullups. You've been working so hard lately and made some great progress. So many PRs!

Tech support eh... I'd pass :P I went through the interview process in September, it sure can be quite exhausting. good luck!
Old 30-Jan-08, 08:24 PM   #75
minime
I need a title!

thanks j2bryson! I know I know, I am too hard on myself always. It is never enough with me, always chasing the next big number.

Yeah I have another interview tomorrow, this position sounds much better AND it is literally a 5 minute walk from where I live! so fingers crossed! I have had to stop answering my phone as I was getting so many calls from damn recruiters. They won't leave me alone! I have two companies to meet with on Friday and that will bring me to 4 in total. I think that is enough recruiters working for me!

Crossfit class again tonight! It was so funny : a couple of us were talking last night and we both said 'if its fran, I'm leaving" Then we get there and steve says 'it's fran'! Crazy! But then one of the girls had her hands all taped up as they were bleeding from pullups, so steve had mercy and had us do Diane instead.

Wednesday January 30th
Warmup CFWU & 5 minutes jump rope
DL warm ups & hspu warm up

"Diane"
21-15-9 rep rounds of
225lb Deadlift (135#)
HSPU

7:17 (PR)

I did my HSPU to 2 abmats which was harder than elevated pushups but still far far from full ROM

Hollows (?) 4x30second attempts

Back Squats
45x10
75x10
95x10
105x10

Comments : Deadlifts felt SUPER GREAT for diane, i flew through them. Not unbroken but way easier than usual. I did them in my bare feet for the first time and I liked it! HSPU sucked even with my poor ROM, i need to practice these. I think I am ready to up the weight on Diane! I never thought it would happen. I came first out of the group : i had the heaviest deadlift (in relation to bodyweight) but not the best HSPU.
The squats I did with Chris afterward. Our gym got all this new equipment so now they have the new squat rack with the adjustable safety bars! I simply had to try it out

oh and before class I did 3 strict pullups but it was a struggle. Then i did another couple, and a couple of singles with a 15# vest.

Tags
added sugar, almond butter, awesome workout, baby carrots, ball shots, bench dip, bench dips, bench press, bike riding, boca burger, body fat, body weight, bodyfat level, bodyfat levels, box jumps, brisk walk, business decision, calorie count, carb bread, cheat meal, chicken breast, clothes fit, complex carb, complex carbs, core strength, counter productive, counting calories, cross country, crossfit wod, dark chocolate, deep fried, distance running, dried fruit, drop weight, eat eggs, eat meat, elliptical machine, elliptical trainer, endurance training, energy level, energy levels, extra cardio, extra muscle, fat level, fat levels, fiber intake, five rounds, flax seed, foam rolling, food log, french fries, fresh fruit, garden salad, google search, green salad, grip pull, grip pullup, grocery shopping, gym equipment, gym tonight, hang power, hang power clean, hang power snatch, hang squat, healthy meals, heart rate, heavy bench, heavy deadlifts, high intensity, high level, high pull, higher protein, hour workout, ice cream, inch box, intensity exercise, jump rope, jumping pull, jumping pullups, kettlebell swings, kipping pull, knee pain, leg dead, leg deadlift, lift weights, local gym, low calories, low carb, low carb diet, low fat, low impact, low sodium, lower carb, macronutrient breakdown, maple syrup, marathon training, max hr, max weight, mile bike, mile timed, mile warm, milk products, morning weight, muscle loss, olympic lifting, overall fitness, overhand grip, overhead squat, personal preference, plain yogurt, plank hold, pound ball, pound dumbells, pound gain, pound thruster, pound weight, power cleans, power snatches, processed food, pullup bar, push jerk, push press, quick workout, red meat, rope climb, running outside, running shoes, samson stretch, shin splints, short period, shoulder dislocates, shoulder press, slow process, smith machine, snatch grip, soy milk, soy products, split jerk, squat clean, squat cleans, squat rack, squat snatch, squat thrusts, steady state, steamed broccoli, stiff leg, stiff leg deadlift, stiff leg deadlifts, still eat, still sore, strength gain, strength gains, strict pullups, sumo deadlift, super heavy, three rounds, trader joe, trader joes, training log, training plan, training program, training routine, training schedule, trap bar, tsk tsk, upper body, video clip, walking lunge, wall ball shots, warmup cfwu, weight bench, weight gain, weight training, weighted chins, weighted pullups, zone diet

You may also search for: