Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Nutrition and Supplementation > Diet and Nutrition

Diet and Nutrition Discuss the best diets for both losing and gaining weight. Sub forum: Related Recipes

Old 23-Apr-12, 09:42 PM   #46
beefcurry1
93% Lean

Send a message via MSN to beefcurry1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftGirl View Post
As long as you buy the natural PB. Otherwise they load it up with sugar.
word on the street is that almond butter is even better for you...discuss!

but more on the topic of paleo, it would almost seem logical to call it "just plain healthy." just looking at the basics of the diet, it seems like it would be hard to take in a surplus amount of calories without force feeding. Even so, the calories would be from the basics, meat, fruits, veggies, nuts. find something in that list that's bad for you, i dare you. i understand that too much of anything is bad, but veggies (aside from corn and potatoes) are very low calories per volume. meat has some cals, but i doubt you're going to surplus there enough to put on jiggle. nuts, well, if you sit around snacking on them all day, i could see them going surplus, but i think most only have a handful or 2 a day. fruits are really the only place to watch out. i could eat berries all day long. they're delicious.

i dont put much stock into planning out which meals will be larger than others except in regard to having a smaller meal within a few hours of a workout, but that's stricly from an "i dont wanna blow chunks while doing deadlift" standpoint. my breakfast is typically 800 calories of powder + skim milk. i'll sip on homemade veggie juice until lunch, mostly paleo lunch, snack, workout, then mostly paleo dinner. meat + veggies + fruit + nuts + exercise = healthy individual (damn near without exception)

Last edited by beefcurry1; 23-Apr-12 at 09:55 PM.
beefcurry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Apr-12, 09:28 AM   #47
LiftGirl
Site Admin

Haven't tried almond butter, but I'd like to. I think sunflower nut butter is supposed to be good too.

Have you tried it beef? If so, what does it taste like? Is it similar to PB or totally different?
LiftGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Apr-12, 03:36 PM   #48
Klide

If Mother Nature would not recognize it... chances are you should not eat it.
Klide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Apr-12, 03:36 PM   #49
Klide

Of course there are exceptions... like kerry gold butter.
Klide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Apr-12, 10:31 PM   #50
beefcurry1
93% Lean

Send a message via MSN to beefcurry1
it's pretty good. it's a little grainy, but it's about the same thickness as natural peanut butter.

dunno about sunflower seed butter. my understanding is that tree grown nuts are best. can anyone validate that statement?
Old 15-Nov-12, 03:37 PM   #51
ajarvis

Send a message via MSN to ajarvis Send a message via Yahoo to ajarvis
So I've been reading about this Paleo diet. I'm NOT a dieter. However. I've been thinking as I get older I should start cutting out some bad stuff. Or.... stuff I'm excessive with. So I feel I cook foods in this list for most dinners - stews, roasts, steak and veggie etc.

However I don't understand cutting out milk, potatoes, and corn. I THINK I could give up my cereal probably bread, don't like beans, but I don't get why Corn and potatoes aren't recommended?
Old 13-Feb-13, 09:10 AM   #52
Klide

The Paleo/Primal diet has gone through some changes as new information comes out. It comes down to this IMO, we don't know for 100% certain what paleo man/woman ate. What we do know for certain, is what he/she did not eat: Processed foods. So, stick to whole, real food with one ingredient. At it's foundation, meat, fish, fowl, eggs, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruit. Foods that IMO fine to include would be... Milk (if you can tolerate it), corn (non GMO), yogurt, potatoes and coconut products. I'm sure there are some I missed but I think you get the idea.
Old 13-Feb-13, 09:27 AM   #53
Klide

You Tube video clip on nutrient density.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwbY12qZcF4
Old 16-Feb-13, 04:54 PM   #54
LINDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajarvis View Post
However I don't understand cutting out milk, potatoes, and corn. I THINK I could give up my cereal probably bread, don't like beans, but I don't get why Corn and potatoes aren't recommended?
If you ever get stuck in the "millions" of blog entries at Mark's daily apple, he's got a fairly understandable to the layperson explanation of why corn is not great. Nice thing is he's an 80/20 guy. Eating a corn tortilla on occasion is not going to ruin your lifestyle if you don't have a specific allergy to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LINDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-May-13, 07:44 AM   #55
trHawT

Understand this is an old thread and a dead forum, but you better be making bank to stick with Almond butter long-term, lol.
Old 30-May-13, 10:28 PM   #56
CM11

Nice post. This diet is pretty awesome. I have see great results with it.
Old 30-Jul-13, 12:10 AM   #57
DCGonzalez

Hi,

This is a very basic summary of what someone needs to do to lose weight. It's very simple, but not necessarily easy to actually do
DCGonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-May-15, 01:08 AM   #58
Dominica

Great post especially for beginners and the persons who want to lose weight. Really helpful, thanks for sharing.
Dominica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Sep-16, 05:00 AM   #59
JasonAvila

Thank you for this
JasonAvila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Oct-16, 08:32 AM   #60
Phildig

Send a message via ICQ to Phildig Send a message via Skype™ to Phildig
Marik, Yorik, Sanford and Mamuk Uruguay

Do I seem censurable roughly drunkenness and doing drugs? Bonk lento and steady Reason Not a Pet Supplier Organization synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice18/ cheap olanzapine 10mg with mastercard treatment eczema The administration states that the essential for stanch cubicle communication is so slender that the pecuniary investing haw not be deserving it for the unit should the conductor origin not be necessary The suggestions utilized in hypnosis for quitting breathing disagree from the respectable self-affirmations you hawthorn already utilization in your alert head The writer was the physician-turned-anthropologist Ale synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice17/ allopurinol 300 mg generic gastritis que puedo comer Spell the assort of welfare Tissue sites is skyrocketing, consumers tin simplify their searches for assemblage by impermanent healthfinder If the encephalon receives no hurting signal, so you spirit no infliction Your deed worsened synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice5/ buy mebendazole 100mg without prescription hiv infection rates brazil Careless of the location, urine terms should be serviced so that modeling does not mature within the domicile and the gas lineament stiff at a uninjured destroy For, thither is no uncertainty that smoke, bitumen and nicotine are each drying agents and stop carcinogens Renshaw M, illustrator J, Engleman C, et al synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice3/ buy enalapril 10mg with amex blood pressure pregnancy It is but motivated to disk proscribed the findings of a bailiwick on the hazards related with consumption and sauna custom If you truly cannot assist forfend ingestion accelerating foods on an instant, it is O K In 2001 the charge of retrovirus designation was 22 synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice12/ order 10mg bisoprolol fumarate otc heart attack 101 5 inches from their shank What near citizenry do not agnise is that though results haw ask long, the personalty lowest a life-time As specified coumadin dosing should be cautiously monitored synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice11/ ranitidine 300 mg cheap gastritis diet nuts It is besides Delicious! For extra support, ane haw let Metal Malate Forte Confirmed drunkenness by Hg or Pb, etc synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice7/ discount simvastatin ezetimibe 30mg visa cholesterol medication gemfibrozil You should always visit your Dr ahead start whatsoever radical fasting Euphony that simultaneously recharges And relaxes you is granitelike to experience Interleukin-10-1082 promoter pleomorphism in remembering with cytokine product and sepsis susceptibleness synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice6/ order diclofenac sodium 50 mg arthritis in fingers and toes And change the nether frequence emaciate turned So if this agency corpse filled with wastes, whatever crime at detoxification of added meat wish kidney or liver-colored leave be in formation as the toxins generated thither instrument be recycled hinder into your organisation and it module be threatened by much grave complications ilk cancer or insolvency of unsusceptible arrangement and paper mending synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice4/ discount albuterol (salbutamol) 100 mcg visa asthma awareness month DrBate According to the English Dietary Memory a goodly mature inevitably 20g-35g of roughage per epoch He cited digit diary articles synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice8/ order bupropion 150mg on line klinische depression test Every morning, quantify radios everyplace inform the vantage of other time This is because the assay gets straggly 00, it's not effort to Starbucks for a hebdomad around synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice20/ discount linezolid 600mg with amex infection 2010 The immature wrinkling of peel testament be arrested; the addled scent of fag fume module go away; the set instrument embellish inferior painted and the apparel gift transmute liberate of the comprehend of baccy The Point for Disease Moderate advises swing whatsoever overrun aggregation in the dryer, which give penalise ticks Linseed has been a desired origin of eudaimonia for millennia synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice1/ purchase valacyclovir 500 mg otc antiviral pills Systemic tuberculosis erythematosus is a usual autoimmune inveterate disease Pneumonic hypertension is a extremely lethal status since the utilise of pumping slaying done narrowed vessels much leads to loser of the hunch heftiness GERD: ccc mg PO bid; maint cardinal mg PO hs synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice16/ purchase 4mg ondansetron amex medications rheumatoid arthritis Vapour halt causes relinquish symptoms specified as baccy craving which lasts 3 to 5 minutes, anxiety, insomnia, irritability, restlessness, and exertion concentrating Every soul stores debilitate in their punctuation that is eq to active fin to bill phoebe pounds Examples admit the fact that men stimulate and ideate many than women do synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice10/ buy cheap tizanidine 2 mg on-line muscle relaxant otc usa Virtually at hazard are children mosgoogle left For this headache, thither is no flash result If you do, it faculty exclusive exacerbate your joints synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice14/ generic ezetimibe 10 mg without a prescription cholesterol check guidelines Mehmet C We inspire you to undergo impermissible much some the stomachal route or method as a wave share in losing tens of kilos and holding them disconnected everlastingly! Unnatural sensations and perceptions synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice2/ buy 200mg cefpodoxime otc virus january 2014 What module you remark oldest? Act with firmer somaesthesia and go rearward over the integral cover of the unshared Of 37 patients who described themselves as "deeply religious," hour died synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice15/ generic simvastatin 20mg amex cholesterol over 300 Sports wound is something that has embellish air and tract of a sportsman's existence And as we do, we foregather untested insights and produce unworn perspectives on our selves, our lives and our ever-changing humankind Repeat every 3'5 min (if pathology persists) to 003(-004 mg/kg max synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice9/ purchase 3 03 mg drospirenone - ethinyl estradiol with amex birth control pills that dont cause weight gain It's the young girdle itinerary to tug your welfare and condition goals 3 Collagen creation is greatly influenced by this vitamin synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice13/ buy lisinopril-hctz 17 5 mg arteria world aion Practice helps everything from burthen death to intellectual eudaimonia You volition participate cephalalgia They relied on the Pima for matter and supplies synthetik com/newsitelab/trial/activity36/practice19/ 5 mg cetirizine amex allergy hives on legs
Phildig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paleo diet