Go Back   Discuss Fitness > Nutrition and Supplementation > Supplements and drugs

Supplements and drugs Ask and answer questions about supplementation here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 113 votes, 2.55 average. Display Modes
Old 05-Sep-13, 03:54 PM   #1
Merrida

Need new source for protein powder

I cannot assimilate whey protein. I was thinking of egg protein, or even soy (yes, I can hear the objections now, but let's talk about it).

Here's the debacle: I am finicky. I want it completely unsweetened. I don't want any of those artificial sweeteners that usually inundate powdered supplements. I also don't want it flavoured. If I simply MUST, I'd do vanilla, but then again, when flavours are added, so are some various derivatives of sweeteners.

If I want "chocolate" then I have the choice to add PLAIN unsweetened baking cocoa powder. If I want "vanilla" I will add extract. Etc., etc.

The store where I was purchasing my protein powder, (the only place I could find ANY protein powder that was unflavoured and unsweetened), no longer carries it. They carry whey protein and only the stuff that's sweetened and flavoured and coloured.

Given the finicky nature of what I'm seeking, does anyone have any sources for me? Frankly, I haven't been on DF in so long, I think I've lost touch with what may previously have been regular sourced threads.

Thanks everyone.

Merrida

Listen not to what they say about you. Listen to what they whisper.
Old 06-Sep-13, 09:59 AM   #2
LiftGirl
Site Admin

Hi Merrida,

I don't feel qualified to make a recommendation as to which plant or animal your protein should come from. I don't use protein powders anymore, but when I did, I was quite pleased with trueprotein.com. You can even customize a mix for yourself. The prices were always reasonable too.
LiftGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-13, 12:13 PM   #3
Merrida

LiftGirl,

Thank you. I wasn't looking for any particular "type" of protein recommendation, (as long as it was clear that I couldn't do whey)....but rather, a source for me to find protein not loaded with flavours and sweeteners, and I can take it from there.

Thank you very much!

Old 06-Sep-13, 04:01 PM   #4
arbit

You cant even take WPI (as opposed to WPC)?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
arbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-13, 04:38 PM   #5
Merrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbit View Post
You cant even take WPI (as opposed to WPC)?
No. Go figure, eh?

But I need to get some additional protein (beyond what I'm getting in my diet),...(get this -->) Even my surgeon's recommended it!

Any thoughts?

I will check out the site LiftGirl mentioned. I recall cursor and LadyC and I think Scott, told me about a site where I could custom blend (maybe the same place?)....

But as you know,...I haven't been too present here for some time.

Thanks for any help you guys!

Old 26-Sep-13, 11:24 AM   #6
Merrida

LiftGirl,

I have tried to order from that site a few times, but it always gets mixed up. They list in my shopping cart things I've never ordered, and I can't seem to delete them. I enter my billing and shipping address, and (get this),...a name and address I've never heard of in WA state keep popping up as the address they'll ship to.

I've been at it all morning,...

Any other site you recommend?

I know I've ordered from others before, but this is nutso.

Old 27-Sep-13, 02:44 PM   #7
LiftGirl
Site Admin

Hmmm, how strange.

I don't really have other recommendations because that's the only place I ever ordered from. Maybe someone else has some ideas?
LiftGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Sep-13, 03:17 PM   #8
Merrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftGirl View Post
Hmmm, how strange.

I don't really have other recommendations because that's the only place I ever ordered from. Maybe someone else has some ideas?

Leave it to me. If something's going to go wonky, it'll happen to me.

I just ordered a generic, unsweetened, plain egg protein from Amazon to get me started. Rather than wait until I either figure this site out (isn't that the strangest thing, ever?), or find a new one, I at least want to start supplementing my body.

I'm still looking, btw. The protein powder from Amazon (forgot brand at the moment), is to tide me over. Most important was that it was not a form of whey (Isolate or Concentrate), non-dairy, non-sweetened, non-flavoured.

It'll get me on the track.

I sure do feel silly that for whatever reason, the site spit out random products, names, and shipping addresses (but got my billing address correct)....here's to hoping nothing got charged to my credit card.

Old 20-Dec-13, 11:57 AM   #9
mikespitzer

Merrida

This may not fit all your criteria but Optimum Nutrition offers some Whey Proteins that INCLUDE Lactase enzyme and other enzymes that allow for easy digestion and thus avoid the bloating and gas problems most other whey proteins have

Whenever they use a sweetener it is only Stevia
mikespitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Dec-13, 12:27 PM   #10
Merrida

Thank you for the reply Mike.

What I'm really looking for is a protein powder that won't disagree with me, but also that is not flavoured and is not sweetened at all, naturally or chemically.

Old 26-Feb-14, 05:46 AM   #11
marcoguizar

That is a great list
marcoguizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Oct-14, 08:49 PM   #12
jeanrose770

Have you considered Hemp Protein? Also check out Moringa Powder.
Both are amazing sources of all natural protein powders. Taking one, or both could do the trick for ya, and give your body the protein kick it needs!
jeanrose770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Mar-15, 02:25 AM   #13
DavidCorley

Yes, proteins are important for growth of our body. Your diet is depends on what you want to happen to your body. If it contain healthy diet then it will definitely work on your body.
Old 18-Aug-15, 11:01 AM   #14
LindsFit01

I ordered a supplement regiment from Beachbody. It's more then just protein for your workout. It covers all aspects of energy and recovery. I do not know if they have flavoring that you don't like but always worth a look into.

" If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up!" :)

Last edited by LindsFit01; 08-Sep-15 at 09:08 AM.
LindsFit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Oct-16, 07:13 PM   #15
Williamheels

Send a message via ICQ to Williamheels Send a message via Skype™ to Williamheels
best essay writing service

write my essay essay writer essayonlyou tk Cheap Essay Writing Service write my paper essay writing academic writing essay for you paper writer best essay writing service write my paper for me essayonlyou tk/313-i-need-help-with-my-assignment html I need help with my assignment essaywriter edit my paper writing a paper paper help research paper writing service essay helper writing assignments cheap essay writing service essay writers online essay writer essayonlyou tk/300-i-need-help-with-my-research-paper html I need help with my research paper write essays for money pay for essay term papers for sale thesis writer write my thesis writing essays for money essay writers for hire cheap custom research papers college essay service pay for essays buy nothing day essay buy term papers online custom research paper writing buying essays do my research paper help writing a paper professional paper writers write essays for me essay helper online dissertation assistance write me a paper write research paper online assignment help speechwriters essay writers online cheap paper writing service buy an essay online editing essays write my term paper help writing a research paper write paper online need help writing a paper paperwriter help with research paper college essay writing help help with essay writing help me with my essay academic writing service online essay writing essay edit best essay service cheap essay writing where can i buy an essay free essay writing service writing paper online do my essay for me free hire essay writer write an essay for me for free help me write my essay for free best college paper writing service buying an essay write thesis best online essay writing services buy an essay online cheap write essays online write research paper for me term paper service custom written papers how to write an about me essay thesis website help writing papers help writing essays paper assistance letter editing the best essay writing service help writing papers for college good academic writing help me write a thesis college application essay writing service help with thesis cheap custom essays eassy writing free paper writing service write me an essay free reliable essay writing service write my research paper for me for free write college essays for money college paper writing services academic writers online write my essay for cheap college paper help essay helpers i need help writing an essay for free essay writing sites research paper editing cheap essay writer write papers for me websites to write essays assignment writing services help writing research paper purchase essays professional letter writing services essay help online free essays help college essay help online free write my research paper online free help me write a research paper buying a research paper research paper help online write essay for me free buy research papers online no plagiarism help writing a paper for college write essay for money professional research paper writers letter writing services website to write essays essays writing affordable essays help with essays thesis writing services buy dissertation online buy essays for college pay for a research paper buy a research paper online help me write my research paper buy assignments buy a dissertation write me a essay cheap research papers for sale purchase essay online essay writing assistance help writing paper buy custom research papers thesis writers write essay online free i need a paper written for me websites that write papers for you for free help me write my paper for free cheap essay help cheap essays online help with writing a research paper pay to write my essay order research paper online college essay assistance buy an essay cheap where can i buy a research paper help me write an essay for free best assignment writing service top 10 essay writing services top essay writers write papers online research paper assistance practice essay writing online free need essay written can you write my essay cheap term papers buy essay paper order essays online buying a research paper for college helpwithassignment purchase essays online research paper website cheap research paper writers buy thesis paper pre written essays for sale buying essay help with writing a paper write my assignment for me top rated essay writing service cheap essay service order research paper buy custom research paper buy my essay cheap custom essay essays for sale online custom dissertation buy an essay paper i need help with my essay buy a term paper online essays online to buy practice essay writing online help write my paper order an essay online research papers writing websites for essay writing pay for assignments australia mba essay writing service india paper writing online assignment company best website for writing essays buy essay now how to write an essay about my life academicwriting pay for paper writing pay for assignment custom dissertation services help with assignments uk best essay writing websites help with term papers write paper online free my father essay writing my favorite writer essay edit letter how to write a hiring letter academia writers cheap thesis binding pay essay writing essays buy how to write a letter to a hiring manager pay for dissertation write my cover letter for me term papers for sale online buy a essay online mba essay service my future essay writing cheap essay online academia writing affordable essay writing academic writing support my childhood essay writing my best friend essay writing help me with my essay free assignment sites pay to do my assignment buying a term paper cheap paper writing services academic writing online how to write an essay about my family cheap paper writing pay for essay writing uk pay for term paper help me with my research paper academicwriters dissertation writers online i need help with my research paper affordable thesis writing buy cheap essays online academic writing article assignment website order research papers help me with my paper buy essay online uk how to write my thesis write my essay help free research papers sites write essay service academic writing uk term papers help my family essay writing writing dissertation service teach me how to write an essay paper writing websites best essay writers online online thesis writing buy essay service academic writing services uk eassy help essay buy online help with my assignment pay to do assignment purchase term paper help with term paper write research papers affordable dissertation writing online assignment writer academic writing blog help with assignments australia buy an assignment writing paper online free cheap dissertation help i need help with my assignment my friend essay writing assignments for sale academic writing terms pay for assignments do my term paper college essay for sale essay writing help free buy a custom essay academic writing is help with essays for free term papers writing service essays done for you my mother essay writing term papers writing help with papers affordable term papers get assignments done online money can t buy everything essay need a paper written pay for research papers

Williamheels is offline   Reply With Quote